Backing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So on what do you base 'seems a decent young lad' ?? surely not just what you've read in the papers. :mourbringit:
Interviews mainly comes across as decent is that a problem now?
Would you prefer it if I slagged him off on a personal level just because I think his game has declined?

Only 3 that I want gone no matter what:

Levy
Sissoko
Aurier

I think they are certainly others we can improve on and some that I only want coming off the bench and not starting.

Moura would have been in the group above but showed after the break that he can play a useful role, I have doubts that he can continue to play that way and certainly don't want to see him starting but I am willing to give him the chance to see if he can be a useful bench player since it seems we are not willing to upgrade that area.

Interviews mainly comes across as decent is that a problem now?
Would you prefer it if I slagged him off on a personal level just because I think his game has declined?
Ahh the let's have an argument 'bait' post. Sorry sammy, not biting. I'm sure that anyone sitting in front of a TV camera for a pre-rehearsed interview comes across exactly as they are in real life. If that's what you base your assessment of him on then so be it.
Anybody else want to play 'argue with sammy' ? I've tired of it now.

Ahh the let's have an argument 'bait' post. Sorry sammy, not biting. I'm sure that anyone sitting in front of a TV camera for a pre-rehearsed interview comes across exactly as they are in real life. If that's what you base your assessment of him on then so be it.
Anybody else want to play 'argue with sammy' ? I've tired of it now.
You seem to be the only one playing though.
Sorry I don’t hate Dele

So much depends on how Jose wants to set us up and like Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman says, depth is gonna be a huge plus this season....

Given the sale of KWP I'm not even comfortable with selling Serge.

So, a short and unspectacular list:

Rose - Shithouse.
Gedson - Seems a bit pointless now all are fit again.

Strategically, there are a few lads I'd move out in the name of strengthening, but I back the shirt, so if they're here I'm behind them.

Last edited:
Speak of the devil....I just got this email from the club....

Dear Rocket,

At our final five home matches of the season, the flag you sent us was one of over a hundred that helped make our players feel at home and meant that supporters were there with them in spirit for every minute of every game.

Since the final match against Leicester City, your flag has been safely stored at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium but it will be back on display from Saturday for the behind closed doors visit of Ipswich Town in the first of our pre-season friendlies.

All flags will remain in position for future matches played behind closed doors matches.

Thank you for showing your support for the team and for displaying your colours at our matches.

If you have any questions regarding your flag, please email us at [email protected].

UTS!!
Great stuff :mourthumb:

Btw, good to see that Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lucas are all but unanimously being backed.... Will be a nice change to see them not mercilessly used as whipping boys this coming season. :mourthumb:

.....Or perhaps the constant cussing they get has just been a figment of my imagination all along. :harrysmile:

Btw, good to see that Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lucas are all but unanimously being backed.... Will be a nice change to see them not mercilessly used as whipping boys this coming season. :mourthumb:

.....Or perhaps the constant cussing they get has just been a figment of my imagination all along. :harrysmile:

My issue with Dier, Davies and Winks is them starting.

If they are on the bench where they belong all 3 seem to be great guys that will give their all for the club and seem like they will be good leaders for the EL/Cup teams (I would be happy to see any of the 3 be captains for those competitions or rotate it through them).

However, if they are in the starting 11 then we have a problem.

I often feel there is reasons other than his ability that people dislike him.
Same as Lewis Hamilton. Absolutely irrational hatred for one of/the greatest F1 drivers in modern history.
His divided loyalties to football? For a long time during a key developmental period, he seemed more interested in starting his own fashion empire than playing football. That's understandably not a popular position among fans of a football club.

My issue with Dier, Davies and Winks is them starting.

If they are on the bench where they belong all 3 seem to be great guys that will give their all for the club and seem like they will be good leaders for the EL/Cup teams (I would be happy to see any of the 3 be captains for those competitions or rotate it through them).

However, if they are in the starting 11 then we have a problem.

Sorry, but the severity of the abuse those lads regularly get just doesn't mesh with the above statement.

"Useless cunt"
"Not a footballer"
"Championship Level"
etc.

(I've seen you be savage about Dier, so yeh, this does include you).

His divided loyalties to football? For a long time during a key developmental period, he seemed more interested in starting his own fashion empire than playing football. That's understandably not a popular position among fans of a football club.

Stopped hanging around with Dier; now mates with Maddison.... :pochunimpressed:

Sorry, but the severity of the abuse those lads regularly get just doesn't mesh with the above statement.

"Useless cunt"
"Not a footballer"
"Championship Level"
etc.

(I've seen you be savage about Dier, so yeh, this does include you).

I mean Championship level is what we will be facing for much of the EL and Cup matches so not sure why that doesn't fit. I don't think I said not a footballer so that doesn't really fit either.

Yawn - have a day off

Personally, I don't give a shit. If he's training and producing who cares. I'm a man with many interests and hobbies, I wouldn't begrudge someone doing what they like.

Back
Top Bottom