Bale-in or Bale-out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
If you haven’t heard that Gareth Bale has been linked with moves to La Liga over the past 3 years, then you need to get out of your cave and listen up. The Spanish newspaper Marca have linked him frequently with Real Madrid and believe he, quite insistently, he is the next Cristiano Ronaldo and he will be in a Madrid shirt in the summer. As much as I dislike the idea of the Welsh winger leaving, it looks an [...]

Continue reading...

I would like Bale to stay for at least two further seasons. He can be infuriating, and yesterday showed a side to him that probably frustrates his team mates, too. But he is like very few players in Europe, and I can't think of any winger in the Premier League comparable. He provides space for Lennon with his presence alone, is capable of moments of incredible skill and is one of a few players capable of changing a game in a flash.

The other concern I would have is this; in five years we have net spent £5m - there is little evidence that we would utilise the money for three players as it stands. With the stadium still up in the air, there is nothing to convince me that money wouldn't be ploughed into the NPD.

Besides, he was born to play at White Hart Lane.

I wonder if it will be in his mind that he'll have the weight of whatever transfer fee on his shoulders. It obviously can be a hindrance, hence the old Jimmy Greaves story (£99,999).

Back
Top Bottom