Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real Madrid and Barcelona lifted the level of football to the never seen before. The biggest show on earth. The match with more world audience of any sport every year. Specially Barcelona with Messi playing extra terrestrial level and Real Madrid winning 4 titles in a row again.

You may hate as you like but as a football fan you should only be thankful to the Spaniards for what they did for the game. Nobody has ever played better and achieved higher than them. And this is the game that the entire planet loves.
Hate Barcelona for kicking us out of Europe and I mean KICKING us out.
Hate Real for beating us when Crouch got sent off.
Hope they both get relegated for transfer irregularities and for bad treatment of English and Welsh players.

Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
The government would have the bail them out.
Yeah mate, it's bollocks, on pretty much every level, starting with the fact that they don't have the royal coat of arms on their crest. They have a crown, but then so do loads of "Real" clubs - Valladolid, Mallorca, Deportivo, as well as some that aren't real.

Worth mentioning too that King Felipe VI is a lifelong Atleti fan.

It would be completely impossible for the government to bail out Madrid as well.

Yeah mate, it's bollocks, on pretty much every level, starting with the fact that they don't have the royal coat of arms on their crest. They have a crown, but then so do loads of "Real" clubs - Valladolid, Mallorca, Deportivo, as well as some that aren't real.

Worth mentioning too that King Felipe VI is a lifelong Atleti fan.

It would be completely impossible for the government to bail out Madrid as well.
Whenever I went to Madrid all the taxi drivers would claim to be athleti fans. Is this a subtle means of getting me on side and extracting a larger tip or is athleti the cab drivers team.

Whenever I went to Madrid all the taxi drivers would claim to be athleti fans. Is this a subtle means of getting me on side and extracting a larger tip or is athleti the cab drivers team.
You mean Athletic Bilbao?

The other one is spelled 'Atletico' Madrid

Last edited:
You mean Athletic Bilbao?

The other one is' spelled 'Atletico' Madrid
Commonly known as Atleti, without the "h", but it's an easy mistake.

If we're being pedantic, the club in Bilbao is Athletic Club (never Athleti) and you've omitted the accent on the "e" in Atlético.

Next up in today's "Let's Nitpick": Why you should refer in short to "Madrid" and never "Real" when talking about Real Madrid while Nabil Bemtaleb joins us from Portugal to explain that its "Sporting", not "Sporting Lisbon"

:sonpoint:

Last edited:
Real Madrid is the club with more fans in the world. You like it or not. By far. This means more income through them paying to watch the games around the world.

In its 120 years of existence the club has been a role model of excellence in correctness, and has certainly always been far from any political implication.

You surely know and omit to mention that Barcelona awarded dictator Franco three times with different gold honour medals. Barcelona is a club with no honour of tradition or respect or values. They are just sold to the political powers.

Real Madrid is the club of all Spain, the pride of the Spanish working class. Atlético was first called Atlético de Aviación, it was founded by the air force pilots, who fought by the side of Franco in the civil war 1936-39. Real Madrid was taken for anti fascist instead, as it was the club of the working classes who were at those times of the 30s dominated by communists and the USSR.

You speak out of hatred, not of reality.

If Real Madrid had a 1% of the dirty history of Barcelona we wouldn't support it for a second, this is a hobby, not politics. You seem to support mafias and crooks and gangsters and people who use sports for dirty business and political propaganda to spread war and death. You are not into sports you are one of those.
...and....Real play in white because..it's the colour of......THE ANGELS!!!!!

936669453-angels-in-heaven-angels-33955542-750-550.jpg

:mourfacepalm:

Haven't we been hearing Barca/Madrid are going bankrupt for most of the last 30 years?

As long as i can remember they are always in a state of financial crisis that the board/chairman is going to resolve. It's fucking groundhog day with these stories.

When I did the tour of the Nou Camp back in 2006, I thought it was a beautiful stadium, the best I had seen up to then. Then when we played them a few years ago in the CL, I sat up in the gods, behind the goal (not behind the glass where our supporters were penned in) and thought it was horrible, just concrete and uncomfortable seats, terrible toilets and awful food.
I have preferred Barca over RM in the past, but now I think they're as bad as each other.

When I did the tour of the Nou Camp back in 2006, I thought it was a beautiful stadium, the best I had seen up to then. Then when we played them a few years ago in the CL, I sat up in the gods, behind the goal (not behind the glass where our supporters were penned in) and thought it was horrible, just concrete and uncomfortable seats, terrible toilets and awful food.
I have preferred Barca over RM in the past, but now I think they're as bad as each other.
This with bells on. They are two sides of a really weird coin.

I thought that was Leeds?
It was Real. Leeds in the early 1960's were nowhere near European Football then. They were nowhere near Div 1 either. They were a bang average Div 2 team, in a City where Rugby League was the big thing. Sheffield Weds were the biggest team in Yorkshire at the time, and they had a great history too.

Leeds adopted white because of Real too. Previous kit a bit of a garish yellow blue and a bit of white.

Real wear white because of.....Corinthian Casuals. Juventus stripes? Notts County. Some great history of you delve deep enough.

Crazy stadium - a little chapel on the right as you walk to the pitch for those last minute prayers. Like you know, God doesn't have enough on his plate what with Wars pestilence famine Covid Trump, but hell, yeah I'll drop all that and ensure a dodgy last minute winner for you if you need it

Ancient-of-Days.jpg

Back
Top Bottom