Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The noise of the fall of these crooks will be heard in Micronesia.

1.000M€ debt (yes, one billion euros) as said by Catalan Barça fans journalists.

Mr. Carlos Tusquets, President of the Managing Commission of FC Barcelona, Economist and Entrepreneur, has said they can't even face January's salaries.

This club has lived as an artificial political propaganda organisation with massively illegal finances and now they're paying the political price after their failed Coup dEtat.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

Still a bigger club than Real Madrid.

You mean Athletic Bilbao?

The other one is' spelled 'Atletico' Madrid
Commonly known as Atleti, without the "h", but it's an easy mistake.

If we're being pedantic, the club in Bilbao is Athletic Club (never Athleti) and you've omitted the accent on the "e" in Atlético.

Next up in today's "Let's Nitpick": Why you should refer in short to "Madrid" and never "Real" when talking about Real Madrid while Nabil Bemtaleb joins us from Portugal to explain that its "Sporting", not "Sporting Lisbon"

:sonpoint:

Last edited:
Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
The government would have the bail them out.
Yeah mate, it's bollocks, on pretty much every level, starting with the fact that they don't have the royal coat of arms on their crest. They have a crown, but then so do loads of "Real" clubs - Valladolid, Mallorca, Deportivo, as well as some that aren't real.

Worth mentioning too that King Felipe VI is a lifelong Atleti fan.

It would be completely impossible for the government to bail out Madrid as well.

To think I was proud of designing my own income and expenditure spreadsheets with formulae and everything.

I even coloured in the column and row headings :)
the simpsons nerd GIF

The noise of the fall of these crooks will be heard in Micronesia.

1.000M€ debt (yes, one billion euros) as said by Catalan Barça fans journalists.

Mr. Carlos Tusquets, President of the Managing Commission of FC Barcelona, Economist and Entrepreneur, has said they can't even face January's salaries.

This club has lived as an artificial political propaganda organisation with massively illegal finances and now they're paying the political price after their failed Coup dEtat.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

I would suggest whatever false finnicial position barca are in. Real Madrid in competing with them would be not far behind.

Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
The government would have the bail them out.
My Barbour jacket has Queen Elizabeth's crest on it, too.

Think I'll knock on her door and give her the news that she has to assume my debts.

Grand ole girl.

Hope they go under, got no respect for Barca or Madrid they've always felt like the Spanish mafia, fucking over all the small teams in their lets face it shitty league.

Another reason the powers that be want a Super league with cunts like these holding all the cards and monopolising the sport.

Fuck em

Urgent debt the obvious problem. They could have 2bn of debt but if it is not due for 50 years they wouldn't have to panic. 700m urgent debt, that is a huge figure.

Our stadium debt is around £600m to be paid back over 25 years or so (average maturity) which is very affordable. To have £700m urgent debt means they have payment over the next year or two or even earlier and however they have done it they either can’t or are having difficulty restructuring. This is astonishing incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom