Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Urgent debt the obvious problem. They could have 2bn of debt but if it is not due for 50 years they wouldn't have to panic. 700m urgent debt, that is a huge figure.

Our stadium debt is around £600m to be paid back over 25 years or so (average maturity) which is very affordable. To have £700m urgent debt means they have payment over the next year or two or even earlier and however they have done it they either can’t or are having difficulty restructuring. This is astonishing incompetence.

Urgent debt the obvious problem. They could have 2bn of debt but if it is not due for 50 years they wouldn't have to panic. 700m urgent debt, that is a huge figure.

Our stadium debt is around £600m to be paid back over 25 years or so (average maturity) which is very affordable. To have £700m urgent debt means they have payment over the next year or two or even earlier and however they have done it they either can’t or are having difficulty restructuring. This is astonishing incompetence.
Surely you let messi go in this case. I think some gas conglomerate will sponsor them with some fuck off dodgy deal

Crazy stadium - a little chapel on the right as you walk to the pitch for those last minute prayers. Like you know, God doesn't have enough on his plate what with Wars pestilence famine Covid Trump, but hell, yeah I'll drop all that and ensure a dodgy last minute winner for you if you need it

Ancient-of-Days.jpg
Not at all unusual at sporting venues in Catholic countries. IIRC, there was an ornate one at the bullring we visited in Cordoba. And I always send up a little prayer before a game (and usually a lot more when things not going well in a game!), even though I know He's a bit busy at the moment. :)

Who will follow the Liga with a poor Madrid , Barça ruined and without Messi soon .
Simone will be ready to win the next 5-6 Liga :mourlmao:.

Who will follow the Liga with a poor Madrid , Barça ruined and without Messi soon .
Simone will be ready to win the next 5-6 Liga :mourlmao:.

No wonder they are clamouring for a “super league”.

Unfortunately though I imagine there are a lot of people high up in the sport that would rather see the game ruined than RM/Barca ceasing

I can see this ending up in a much worse situation where when faced with going out of existence or abandoning their membership ownership structure Barca are left with no choice - and in swoop someone like the Saudi Royal family

When I did the tour of the Nou Camp back in 2006, I thought it was a beautiful stadium, the best I had seen up to then. Then when we played them a few years ago in the CL, I sat up in the gods, behind the goal (not behind the glass where our supporters were penned in) and thought it was horrible, just concrete and uncomfortable seats, terrible toilets and awful food.
I have preferred Barca over RM in the past, but now I think they're as bad as each other.
One of my favorite stadiums is Bernabeu, massive but with steep, steep sides (illegal to build this steep nowadays), as a result no matter where you sit you feel on top of the pitch. Also there is a genuine sense of occasion every time I’ve been.

Barca’s is just a vast bowl, shit views as you’re a long way from the pitch and as you say, it’s simply a shit hole.

Add to the fact that whenever I’ve watched Spurs play in Spain there’s always the militant police who are no different than Nazi’s, ironically worse in Catalan Barca. Whilst I’ve never had an issue with them in Madrid.

Not a fan of either club, corruption running through their DNA’s

Not selling Messi was a catastrophic mistake that will set them back 10 years. They could not afford to keep him.
I don't think any was in for Messi. PSG can't spend without selling and City seemed to be hoping they get him on a free.

I believe the purchase of players for 100m+ and them not contributing have hurt them worse.

Given what he's allegedly on, who could afford to buy him?

I think they were scared he'd end up at Madrid which is basically the only other club that could afford him.
Which gets you back to gross incompetence. If no one else in the world could get close to affording his wages...then why did they give him such a wage which could and would sink their club? Could have paid him half of what they did and no one else in the world could afford it, still.

They let Messi be bigger than the club, and now they should have to pay for it but we all know they won't have to.

Back
Top Bottom