Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The noise of the fall of these crooks will be heard in Micronesia.

1.000M€ debt (yes, one billion euros) as said by Catalan Barça fans journalists.

Mr. Carlos Tusquets, President of the Managing Commission of FC Barcelona, Economist and Entrepreneur, has said they can't even face January's salaries.

This club has lived as an artificial political propaganda organisation with massively illegal finances and now they're paying the political price after their failed Coup dEtat.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

Last edited:

1.000M€ debt (yes, one billion euros) as said by Catalan Barça fans journalists.

Mr. Carlos Tusquets, President of the Managing Commission of FC Barcelona, Economist and Entrepreneur, has said they can't even face January's salaries.

This club has lived as an artificial political propaganda organisation with massively illegal finances and now they're paying the political price after their failed Coup dEtat.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

Still a bigger club than Real Madrid.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

I would suggest whatever false finnicial position barca are in. Real Madrid in competing with them would be not far behind.

Link in Spanish.

This is from August

Brilliant, hurry up and fold. Largest revenue in world football and they cant cope?

I am not a fan of Real Madrid but if you asked me who was the biggest club in the world it would probably be them. Obviously the metric of what consists of the biggest club, most trophies, most fans etc is debatable but on most metrics RM would be top or near top.

Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
The government would have the bail them out.

Atletico Madrid much better run than either Barca or Real. The way Real and Barca blow money is like a drunken sailor.

Are you sure about that? Id say real are best run.

maybe you are right AM used to be a buy cheap sell high club but I’d didn't realise how much their new stadium put them in debt. Still amazing competing with RM and Barca without the huge fan base/revenue and currently top in Spain.

Barca have just killed themselves with wages, they need to sell big time, Messi will be interesting to watch.

Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
My Barbour jacket has Queen Elizabeth's crest on it, too.

Think I'll knock on her door and give her the news that she has to assume my debts.

Grand ole girl.

I'm not sure the Spanish government or Royal Family would have the spare Bn Euro's

Visited Camp Nou some 5 years ago.

Witnessed hundreds of people happily waiting to take pictures with an invisible Messi (later added with photoshop so they can tell they actually took a picture with him), and various other well-invented merchandise stuff.

Nah those fuckers aren't going out of business.

Real Madrid sold training grounds to the city of Madrid and that way covered a debt of 270 million Euros. Plus, they bought Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo the Brazilian, etc. with those money.

Behind big clubs there's always some shady shit. The further you look back in history, probably it's even worse. Sad, but true.

Barca and Real are basically bailed out by the government in Spain anyhow.
Visited Camp Nou some 5 years ago.

Witnessed hundreds of people happily waiting to take pictures with an invisible Messi (later added with photoshop so they can tell they actually took a picture with him), and various other well-invented merchandise stuff.

Nah those fuckers aren't going out of business.

Real Madrid sold training grounds to the city of Madrid and that way covered a debt of 270 million Euros. Plus, they bought Beckham, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo the Brazilian, etc. with those money.

Behind big clubs there's always some shady shit. The further you look back in history, probably it's even worse. Sad, but true.

This from another thread.....

LOL

I am a Spanish madridista fan of Mou and Bale and my take on this is that Mou wasn't liked in the beginning in Madrid since we had a 100 years tradition of being the most gentleman club always playing offensively and dominating the games with courage and counterattack was sacrilege and the coaches would always be polite with the media, and etc.

This RM bloke is soooooo blinkered.

FYI, huge swathes of the footballing world hate Real Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom