Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking cheek of Barca going in on La Liga for having rules and daring to enforce to them.....

You've had it all your own way for decades you spoiled cunts!

Now they they're objecting to the new investment in the league (cos they fear it evening the playing field) in favour of continuing to push for the ESL?????

Fucking hate modern football.

Last edited:
When I sit down and review recent history, I think it's surprising how quickly things spun out of control financially at Barca.

They sold Neymar in 2017 for absolutely bonkers money, and could have used that money to really set the club straight top-to-bottom. At that point, Messi and Neymar were both receiving under 300k/wk after taxes.

Fucking cheek of Barca going in on La Liga for having rules and daring to adhere to them.....

You've had it all your own way for decades you spoiled cunts!

Now they they're objecting to the new investment in the league (cos they fear it evening the playing field) in favour of continuing to push for the ESL?????

Fucking hate modern football.
They've enforced them for all the smaller teams strictly so if barca got away with this it would rightly be an outrage.

Loads of comments (elsewhere) about how much revenue he brings in for the league in increased sponsorship /TV rights etc so they should bend but they would have to deal with this soon anyway as he isn't playing forever.

When I sit down and review recent history, I think it's surprising how quickly things spun out of control financially at Barca.

They sold Neymar in 2017 for absolutely bonkers money, and could have used that money to really set the club straight top-to-bottom. At that point, Messi and Neymar were both receiving under 300k/wk after taxes.
Coutinho /dembele /Grizeman and wages to replace him...

They've enforced them for all the smaller teams strictly so if barca got away with this it would rightly be an outrage.

Loads of comments (elsewhere) about how much revenue he brings in for the league in increased sponsorship /TV rights etc so they should bend but they would have to deal with this soon anyway as he isn't playing forever.

I'm v.v.suprised La Liga didn't bend over for them for this very reason tbh.... Even though his years are numbered you'd expect them to cling desperately cling to ever last one of them.

With both their super-clubs feeling the pinch and no Messi AND Ronaldo; commercially speaking, La Liga is a very different place. In a lot of quarters it's been heralded as the best league in the world; surely they must fear that slipping.

I'm v.v.suprised La Liga didn't bend over for them for this very reason tbh.... Even though his years are numbered you'd expect them to cling desperately cling to ever last one of them.

With both their super-clubs feeling the pinch and no Messi AND Ronaldo; commercially speaking, La Liga is a very different place. In a lot of quarters it's been heralded as the best league in the world; surely they must fear that slipping.
Perhaps they already have agreements in place for the next few years and expect 36yr old Messi not to be a concern for the next round.

Ex

Grease-man booed by the assembled hoards as he turned up for training today.....

Spoiled cunt Barca fans are blaming the Messi exit on his crazy wages......

Seeing this lot suffer is sweet like chocolate!

I presume their players are available for free if they’re desperate to get them off the wage bill?
griezmen is a bit pricey if he is on 800k a weekbut some of the others would be good if just covering their wages.

Indeed and if he loved the club that much he would play for free and even sponsor the youth team?
Why should he play for free when his team-mates are earning millions? He doesn't owe them anything, the club earned billions off the back of his efforts.

Of course he loves the club, he's spent 21 years of his life there. But it's a business relationship that has come to an end. It's the idiots that were managing the club's finances who are to blame for him leaving.

If it's so upsetting for you...... You could always just stay at Barca and, God forbid, actually take a pay cut to see out your final years in football there.

But somehow I don't think that would have even entered the modern day mercenary footballers brains.

If it's so upsetting for you...... You could always just stay at Barca and, God forbid, actually take a pay cut to see out your final years in football there.

But somehow I don't think that would have even entered the modern day mercenary footballers brains.

Apparently he actually can’t. If what I’ve read is correct in Spanish law a new contract has to be at least 50% of the salary on the previous one which is what he was rumoured to have agreed to. This would still have Barca over the salary cap though so they wouldn’t be able to register him to play.

Back
Top Bottom