Bar codes vs the wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

Cheers. All the the best :)
All nice and good but you still owe 30 million for sissoko.

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

totally outplayed them fair play

think you lot will finish above them next season too

Not sure I put Matip in the same bracket as VVD and above Diaz and Laporte but agree they need a LB.

I wouldn't put Matip in the same bracket as VVD, but I put him above any of City's CB's.

Think I agree regarding Pep and man management, not sure he's in the Klopp bracket, he's pretty mardy to be fair, he gets massive respect from players though based on his rep I think.

The Liverpool recruitment is what we need to emulate. I think Liverpool are more dynamic than City and City are more intelligent in terms of player type, certainly going forward. The teams certainly reflect the managers.

I'm not sure Liverpool are more dynamic or less intelligent as a collective. I think Klopp's approach is just moderately more pragmatic than Guardiola's. Klopp's team don't always have to dominate the ball, and when they don't they know how to behave. His team manage periodisation better. Guardiola manages defensive risk almost entirely by possession and pressure. Or by a much higher ratio than Klopp's team.

I think Pep approved the Jack transfer and I don't think it was either/or with Kane, I just think we refused point blank to deal with City from the off and so negotiations never really got very far. Maybe Pep thinks he can get players like him and Mahrez working harder than they did at their old clubs?

I think Liverpool's recruitment has managed to recruit a more symbiotic squad with Klopp's methodology than City have managed to do with Guardiola. The only thing keeping City on top of that Liverpool team, which in any other generation would be absolutely dominating the PL, is Guardiola's methods.

Where does Conte rank in all this? He's more pragmatic in style, is equally intense and looks like a very good man manager. He's possibly the best manager we've had since Bill Nic?

Best is very subjective I guess, but in our case, there's not exactly much competition, so you may prove to be right, but I'd have to say there was a 2-3 year sweet spot under Poch which currently holds the title "best" coach/manager since Bill Nic for me, before he completely lost himself up his own arse and it all went to shit.

I really like it when you can see clear evidence of what a coach does on the training ground, which no one can deny is the case with Conte. Or that he's got an incredibly strong mentality. I've got respect for the guy, he can clearly motivate, coach and tactically organise teams. Can't say I've ever fawned over any of his teams (pre Spurs) football though. But I don't hate it either. There have been games I've enjoyed and games I haven't. In terms of style I'm pretty ambivalent, generally don't hate it, don't love it to bits. But I'm long enough in the tooth to know that there aren't many coaches coaching football I love, successfully, so if he keeps getting results, I'll live with the "compromise" (caused by my own unrealistic stylistic expectations) - but if we are going to fail, I'd rather do it in a method I love. If that makes sense?

Really think they're missing a trick if they can't part open the stadium and let fans drink and watch away games in the biggest bar(s).

I'm sure the local pubs would resent it, but would the council give a fuck?
Dunno about for EVERY away game... but every few seasons, a game comes along, and we all get a feeling what that game is!

Might try going up to the N17 area anyway...
Depending on whether I shake 'The Covids' before Sunday!

I wouldn't put Matip in the same bracket as VVD, but I put him above any of City's CB's.

I'm not sure Liverpool are more dynamic or less intelligent as a collective. I think Klopp's approach is just moderately more pragmatic than Guardiola's. Klopp's team don't always have to dominate the ball, and when they don't they know how to behave. His team manage periodisation better. Guardiola manages defensive risk almost entirely by possession and pressure. Or by a much higher ratio than Klopp's team.

I think Liverpool's recruitment has managed to recruit a more symbiotic squad with Klopp's methodology than City have managed to do with Guardiola. The only thing keeping City on top of that Liverpool team, which in any other generation would be absolutely dominating the PL, is Guardiola's methods.

Best is very subjective I guess, but in our case, there's not exactly much competition, so you may prove to be right, but I'd have to say there was a 2-3 year sweet spot under Poch which currently holds the title "best" coach/manager since Bill Nic for me, before he completely lost himself up his own arse and it all went to shit.

I really like it when you can see clear evidence of what a coach does on the training ground, which no one can deny is the case with Conte. Or that he's got an incredibly strong mentality. I've got respect for the guy, he can clearly motivate, coach and tactically organise teams. Can't say I've ever fawned over any of his teams (pre Spurs) football though. But I don't hate it either. There have been games I've enjoyed and games I haven't. In terms of style I'm pretty ambivalent, generally don't hate it, don't love it to bits. But I'm long enough in the tooth to know that there aren't many coaches coaching football I love, successfully, so if he keeps getting results, I'll live with the "compromise" (caused by my own unrealistic stylistic expectations) - but if we are going to fail, I'd rather do it in a method I love. If that makes sense?
I agree Liverpool are more direct (if that's what you're saying) which is why I consider them more dynamic and I agree they're more pragmatic although both teams play very high lines defensively. It was interesting to see Klopp put Fabinho in and around Kane recently, I wonder if Pep will do that in future? We've seen him compromise his teams in big games in the past (played 2 holding mids vs us in the Champions League 1st leg for example) and it's hamstrung them at times, maybe because beyond the extra sitter in there, he hasn't fully considered how this will help his team manage the game?

Regarding Conte, I was talking objectively, I'm not a big fan of a 2 man midfield and I agree about prime Poch, the 16/17 season produced the best footy I've ever seen from a Spurs side at times. But Conte is an incredibly smart and intense manager and I put him on a higher level in terms of being a winner and instilling that mentality into his teams. I don't think Poch gets 4th and this points total with the same players.

Next season will be interesting if he stays and we reinforce 4/5 positions with better players, the problem he'll have is trying to match two of the best teams we've seen whilst also playing in the CL. The mid season World Cup will also make it interesting, it's unprecedented for everyone and could have a very unpredictable knock on effect for a variety of reasons.

Cheers fellah , and a very big thank you for giving them tossers a good hiding

Not really the thread for this discussion, but Conte would probably hate working with Dybala.

Dybala has become a pure luxury player that you have to accomodate in your team to cover for his flaws and lack of effort defensively.

We would just be replicating the Ndombele debacle.
You are probably right. He has a lot of talent but in recent years he has really been a decision in too few occasions and his physical condition is not exceptional. I'm sorry because he made so many unforgettable games but for a top club you have to give more.

You are probably right. He has a lot of talent but in recent years he has really been a decision in too few occasions and his physical condition is not exceptional. I'm sorry because he made so many unforgettable games but for a top club you have to give more.
Will be even less effective in the PL IMO. I know he’s talented but he’s gonna get bullied

Will be even less effective in the PL IMO. I know he’s talented but he’s gonna get bullied
Last night a part of the fans at the stadium booed the managers for the missed contract in Dybala. Even in PL he could say something important but it depends on how he is physically.

Back
Top Bottom