Bar codes vs the wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

Cheers. All the the best :)
Good lad.. We had faith in you and you didn’t let us down..
Something big is happening up there and you’ll be watching CL at St James’ Park very soon.

A million thank you’s 👍🏻👍🏻

Ha.
Haha.
HAhahahah.

Yesterday I was watching the first half...
And it was enough to know that it is in our hands.

My gosh Arsescum was all over the place.
Even their fucking keeper had wet his pants - could not stay on his feet for kicks.
Yet was the player with most touches in first 30 minutes....

They were all shaking from nerves and pressure in there.

When first half ended, I went to sleep, cause such shitheads don't deserve to eat into my sleeping schedule. It was so obvious that Toon is just bullying them as they please.

And sure enough, this feeling was not wrong :D ... lovely. Just lovely.

Good lad.. We had faith in you and you didn’t let us down..
Something big is happening up there and you’ll be watching CL at St James’ Park very soon.

A million thank you’s 👍🏻👍🏻
Unless it comes at our expense, in which case fuck off. Newcastle replacing Chelsea in the top 4 and us being in the mix too is ok. 😂

Now there is a surprise. They got him back in knowing he'd spout some sort of bollocks. I didn't hear it but I'm assuming it will be nonsense enough to get talksport engagements across social media, which is what they want to help drive advertising revenue.
Talking of TalkSport ... I get they're OBVIOUSLY obliged to rip the piss out of WHOEVER has just lost/blown it/bottled it .. it's just what they do.
It's their raisin d'être....

But listening to Jason Cunty last night, and Darren Bent this morning, you'd never know they even pulled on a shirt for Spurs in their 'illustrious'(!) careers...

Yes, they support Chelsea & Arse respectively, but the sheer venom and hated towards a club they both played for, makes me question if they EVER gave their best for us....
I sincerely doubt it .. neither are THAT professional!

No wonder they were both shit for us! Probably thought they were doing their true clubs a favour!

I'm prepared to be wrong, but did he ever score for us against them? (Might have to look it up, so this post doesn't look stoopid!)

*EDIT: Of COURSE he scored in the 4-4.... Dammit, my point is null and void!

(but I bet he secretly fucking hated doing it!!!!!)
There, point valid again!

Last edited:
Talking of TalkSport ... I get they're OBVIOUSLY obliged to rip the piss out of WHOEVER has just lost/blown it/bottled it .. it's just what they do.

But listening to Jason Cunty last night, and Darren Bent this morning, you'd never know they even pulled on a shirt for Spurs in their 'illustrious'(!) careers...

Yes, they support Chelsea & Arse respectively, but the sheer venom and hated towards a club they both played for, makes me question if they EVER gave their best for us....

No wonder they were both shit for us! Probably thought they were doing their true clubs a favour!

I'm prepared to be wrong, but did he ever score for us against them? (Might have to look it up, so this post doesn't look stoopid!)
Bent scored against Arse in the 4-4 at the emirates under Redknapp.

:harrysmile:

To be fair we are trying to forget Cundy playing for Spurs as well.

Wait Darren Bent is a gooner??? What?

Please don't tell me Jermain Defoe or Scott Parker are hidden gooners too :pochcry:

From the guardian coments page

"Have to hand it to Howe, he’s done great work. Newcastle deserved more out of that.

As for Woolwich, Arteta the entire match with the same face my husband had watching me give birth."

HI Spurs fans. NUFC fan in peace. I had the pleasure of watching us beat but also nullify Woolwich tonight and I'm glad we've done you a favour.

I've never had much affinity when it comes to clubs down south but I always want you to get one over Woolwich. Mainly because I know this wanker who's an Woolwich fan who doesn't like me, for no other reason that he just doesn't like me. He said the only thing he hates more than me is Spurs.

So please, we've done our bit. Do yours and put Woolwich in the Europa League so I can laugh so much on Sunday.

Cheers. All the the best :)

not to advocate violence .. but kick his head in, kick his head in..

I'm not one to normally do this, but under the current circumstances, it seemed remiss not to....

One thing worse than a bad loser, is a bad winner....

Luckily, ArseAnal have proved to be both down the years...

1990's-early 2000's: insufferable and unbearable gloating cunts....

2016 *onwards: true colours well and truly shown!

* Apart from the FA Cup wins, when they INSTANTLY reverted to type circa. 1990'/200's...

Loved the guy in the green cap picking up the glasses

Do you know.... As soon as I wrote it, I remembered that!

OK, next accusation, did he celebrate, or did he do a 'Denis Law' face when he scored for City against Utd?
Think we were losing at the time, it was a rebound off almunia, so it was a kind of grab the ball out the net and run towards the centre spot. He did blow a kiss to the fans though in all fairness.

Arteta actually reminds me of Howe. Both managers who seem to espouse or who are lauded as having a proactive ethos but neither really seems to have the ability to coach or apply a clear tactical ethos.

I don't think I've watched one Woolwich game in the last two seasons and seen a clear identity, a clear collective ethos, even in single games they rarely manage to play out a cohesive 90 minutes.
Really? Howe has had one season where he failed and a dozen or so of immense achievement.

His problem at Bournemouth imo was that he couldn't amend his tactical ethos - ie go after every team we can. We'll win at Chavs, get results off Goons, but we will get the odd battering like at LFC and EFC. He had an ethos but just couldn't be flexible. I think EFC beat them 6-2 but if I was a Cherries ST and going to all the games I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I think he'll do very well at NUFC now. With some decent players he has managed to tighten a defence for once. Lot of clean sheets recently with the odd battering at City and us.

Howe's a good man manager; Legoman defo isn't.

Howe got a team that was only ever 3rd/4th division historically from -17 pts at the very foot of the worst division and got them to 10th in the PL for about 3 seasons on the spin. With some of the same players. But with a team that size you only have to slip up once and you're relegated.

Legoman got to put the cones out for Pep.

I can't see a single similarity.

I honestly do not think this current City side individually is as good as Liverpool's and I really don't think he's got any CB's anywhere near as good as VVD or Matip, and he's been playing without a LB all season. I think Diaz was and is massively over rated.

I don't think Guardiola is necessarily a great man manager - I could be wrong - I think his strength is coaching - and coaching a specific, obsessive methodology.

Klopp is probably a better man manager, who's also a bloody great coach too. I also think he's had two jobs which have serendipitously benefitted from outstandingly smart recruitment (Dortmund/Liverpool) this Liverpool recruitment apparatus under Edwards over the last 5-6 years is possibly the best recruitment run I've seen any team have ever. Hit after fucking hit. Unbelievable value.

I really don't know if Guardiola wanted Grealish (or Mahrez, or Rodri etc) but I can't imagine Txiki Begiristain brings anyone in without Guardiola's nod, so I would imagine Guardiola either did want Grealish or at least was happy for him to come. But I don't think his/Begiristain's judgement is always sound and I don't think their recruitment has been close to Liverpool's.
Not sure I put Matip in the same bracket as VVD and above Diaz and Laporte but agree they need a LB.

Think I agree regarding Pep and man management, not sure he's in the Klopp bracket, he's pretty mardy to be fair, he gets massive respect from players though based on his rep I think.

The Liverpool recruitment is what we need to emulate. I think Liverpool are more dynamic than City and City are more intelligent in terms of player type, certainly going forward. The teams certainly reflect the managers.

I think Pep approved the Jack transfer and I don't think it was either/or with Kane, I just think we refused point blank to deal with City from the off and so negotiations never really got very far. Maybe Pep thinks he can get players like him and Mahrez working harder than they did at their old clubs?

Where does Conte rank in all this? He's more pragmatic in style, is equally intense and looks like a very good man manager. He's possibly the best manager we've had since Bill Nic?

Back
Top Bottom