Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All La Liga players have to have a release clause. Since Barca got caught by surprise when PSG decided 200 mill was worth paying for Neymar, they've protected their assets with even bigger clauses. I believe when Ronaldo was at Madrid his was 800 mill or so.

Pedri, Fati etc are the future of their rebuild, the jewels in the crown, so makes sense that they are putting the clauses out of any clubs reach.

I watched most of the game and if I were a Barca fan (not a mega player fanboy fan) I could get behind that team, feel a connection with it. I thought they worked really hard, there are still some talented players in there too.

I'm utterly convinced that a progressive manager could get that team purring. Not to the levels of their Pep hay day's but I think the players are any good as Ajax right now (probably better). It's just Koeman is shite.

Koeman is ok, but not great.

It's the toxicity IMHO.

Koeman is ok, but not great.

It's the toxicity IMHO.
Yeah, Koeman's football is decent. He's just slow and unwilling to adapt his tactics, especially mid game. And the environment around him is just so toxic right now.

The players don't want him fired for whatever that is worth.

Based on what? If it's based on their CL form, well, look at how the 5th team in the EPL right now did against a 4th placed team in the Slovenian league...
True, La Liga is in a bit of a slump right now as neither Real M., Atl. M. nor Barca are as dominant as they once were....but La Liga ain't that bad as some may want to believe...

My eyes

They're closer to relegation than the top of the table in a league you say is in a slump.

You're really actually comparing our one off match as a basis of your argument, why would you do that? Take the results from all the teams in Europe as an overall perspective and you'll get a more clear idea.

Barca only scored 2 goals in their CL group, that's pitiful.

Barca are reportedly unable to register Ferran to play since despite getting rid of Aguero's wages, their wage bill is still too high.

Never change, Barca.
Barcelona's accountant spotted outside the Nou Camp
kevin-the-office-1608142656436_160w.jpg

There are particularly 3 Barca deals that particularly stand out as total disasters:
Coutinho costing €135 millions plus add-ons earning €23m a year!
Ousmane Dembélé cost €105 million plus a reported €40 million add-ons (to extend his contract with Barca he apparently wants €40m a year plus €20m re-signing bonus)
Antoine Griezmann cost €120 million and was earning €17m a year.

Honestly 3 of the worst transfers of all time, all at one club, and all within a similar period of time. Eye watering fees and unbelievable wages they're still struggling with now. I'm not sure any club ever will match the incompetency of that much spending on 3 total flops.

Didn't their president get investigated because it was that bad? The amount of money on Coutinho alone is fucking staggering, he was never any better than someone like Eriksen in the PL, if anything just a flashier but more inconsistent version! They paid about double his actual value and practically made Liverpool what they are now by gift wrapping them a WC keeper and CB.

I see that Alfons Godall, the vice-president of the Fundación Barça, a charitable organisation associated with the club (like the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation but with a shit load more money and working in a more international sphere), has been sacked after saying this in response to Rafa Nadal's 21st Grand Slam at the weekend...

"Rafael Navidad (a childish translation of his name from Catalan into Spanish) has deeply worried me from the very beginning. He's no different to La Roja ("The Reds", the nickname of the Spanish national team, like how England are called "The Three Lions"), Real Madrid, Fernando Alonso and everything else that the Enemy State (i.e Spain) represents."

It should be remembered that Nadal (who, by-the-by has the temerity to support Real Madrid) is from Mallorca, which most definitely is NOT part of Catalonia. It does however come within the expansionist borders of the Gran Catalunya (along with the other Balearic Islands, Valencia, part of Aragón and a part of France) that these delusional idiots dream of.

Still there are those outside Spain who believe that this ludicrous club are somehow the "workers' team" who alone stand up to their fascist oppressors in the world of sport

giphy.gif

Barca totally dominated Real M. in their 4-0 El Clasico win, and they could easily have scored 2-3 more goals.
Xavi has done an excellent job since he took over. Tiki-taka football is back
They did draw 0-0 against , Galatasaray the other week. Sevilla (2nd in the league) got bullied by an average westham.

Tiki taki may win in Spain but not convinced "it's back"

Barcelona: In desperate need of money to meet La Liga regulations and to be able to register new players.

Also Barcelona: We have not calculated selling players into our budget nor do we plan to sell players.

What a strange club.

They're like that dude who is bankrupt but still trying to live that life driving around in. Range and paying for holidays on his credit card

According to Marca (Madrid based) the names in the frame are Xavi, Roberto Martínez, Antonio Conte and Phillip Cocu. Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona based) have the first two of these and say today will be decisive. Sport (also Barcelona based) reckon it's between Xavi, Antonio Conte and Pirlo

The Cruyff hold over the club is never going away. They seem obsessed with the Dutch way as though it's the only footballing style that can work for them.
Tiki-taka football is not "the Dutch way" really. yes, Johan Cruijff is said to be the "father" of football but it's not a style commonly used in Dutch football, even though Cruijff is Dutch, but more of a style Cruijff developed at Barcelona and, since both Xavi & Iniesta were the masters of one-touch it carried over to the Spanish national. Not even Ajax is a typical tiki-taka team.

Back
Top Bottom