Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seemingly Koeman is getting the sack within the next few games and the favourites to repalce him are

Erik Ten Hag and................

Brendan!
Happy Leicester City GIF by DAZN North America

According to Marca (Madrid based) the names in the frame are Xavi, Roberto Martínez, Antonio Conte and Phillip Cocu. Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona based) have the first two of these and say today will be decisive. Sport (also Barcelona based) reckon it's between Xavi, Antonio Conte and Pirlo

According to Marca (Madrid based) the names in the frame are Xavi, Roberto Martínez, Antonio Conte and Phillip Cocu. Mundo Deportivo (Barcelona based) have the first two of these and say today will be decisive. Sport (also Barcelona based) reckon it's between Xavi, Antonio Conte and Pirlo
Random Philip Cocu sighting right there.

Xavi would be mad to take them now, he could pick when he joins so should wait until a bit of stability imo.

Koeman is of course a prickly son of a gun. But considering how he has been treated by Laporta since Laporta took over I can understand it. Laporta has openly stated that Koeman is only there until they find "someone better", and has leaked private conversations between the two as well as Koeman's medical information.

Once he figured out his best formation he actually had Barca playing some nice football too.

But what a circus this is.

EDIT: Having watched a tactics video on it to make sure that I am not talking out of my ass, I actually think that the tweaks that Koeman did would suit us.

Someone send this to Nuno.

Last edited:
Koeman is of course a prickly son of a gun. But considering how he has been treated by Laporta since Laporta took over I can understand it. Laporta has openly stated that Koeman is only there until they find "someone better", and has leaked private conversations between the two as well as Koeman's medical information.

Once he figured out his best formation he actually had Barca playing some nice football too.

But what a circus this is.

EDIT: Having watched a tactics video on it to make sure that I am not talking out of my ass, I actually think that the tweaks that Koeman did would suit us.

Someone send this to Nuno.

He's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, and certainly not for most in Catalonia, but what FCB wouldn't give to have someone like Florentino Pérez at the helm.

The Cruyff hold over the club is never going away. They seem obsessed with the Dutch way as though it's the only footballing style that can work for them.
Tiki-taka football is not "the Dutch way" really. yes, Johan Cruijff is said to be the "father" of football but it's not a style commonly used in Dutch football, even though Cruijff is Dutch, but more of a style Cruijff developed at Barcelona and, since both Xavi & Iniesta were the masters of one-touch it carried over to the Spanish national. Not even Ajax is a typical tiki-taka team.

Tiki-taka football is not "the Dutch way" really. yes, Johan Cruijff is said to be the "father" of football but it's not a style commonly used in Dutch football, even though Cruijff is Dutch, but more of a style Cruijff developed at Barcelona and, since both Xavi & Iniesta were the masters of one-touch it carried over to the Spanish national. Not even Ajax is a typical tiki-taka team.

I would have him as an uncle of tiki-taka as he wasn't interested in possession for possession sake

Possession of the ball by itself did not interest Cruyff. He wanted his players to understand that, in order to keep it and move towards the opponents’ goal, the ball had to be moved and moved and moved. This was the key to creating imbalances in the opposition shape and creating the spaces that would allow them to penetrate into dangerous areas.

Reportedly Luuk de Jong suffers injuries to his eyes as well as his legs. Therefore he fulfills solely a role of garden rake at FC Barcelona. Scoring goals - which could be seen as the main job of a striker - is not even possible in front of open goal.

This is on Wikipedia, quite funny 😄

Back
Top Bottom