Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Barcelona 11 is shocking compared to what they've had for God knows how many years.
I watched most of the game and if I were a Barca fan (not a mega player fanboy fan) I could get behind that team, feel a connection with it. I thought they worked really hard, there are still some talented players in there too.

I'm utterly convinced that a progressive manager could get that team purring. Not to the levels of their Pep hay day's but I think the players are any good as Ajax right now (probably better). It's just Koeman is shite.

I watched most of the game and if I were a Barca fan (not a mega player fanboy fan) I could get behind that team, feel a connection with it. I thought they worked really hard, there are still some talented players in there too.

I'm utterly convinced that a progressive manager could get that team purring. Not to the levels of their Pep hay day's but I think the players are any good as Ajax right now (probably better). It's just Koeman is shite.

I just think they are miles away from being the force they were, even without Koeman. Pedri and de Jong are big talents, Fati too, but other than that I think they are miles away from what they had previously, and the likes of Busquets and Pique certainly aren't getting better now either. A front three this evening of Dest, Depay and Jong hardly sends shivers down your spine.

I just think they are miles away from being the force they were, even without Koeman. Pedri and de Jong are big talents, Fati too, but other than that I think they are miles away from what they had previously, and the likes of Busquets and Pique certainly aren't getting better now either. A front three this evening of Dest, Depay and Jong hardly sends shivers down your spine.
Yeah they will not be at their previous level but their squad is at least on par but I'd say much better than Ajax man for man right now and I think Ajax will be another 1/4 finalist in CL this year (dependant on draw they get)

Koeman is ok, but not great.

It's the toxicity IMHO.

Koeman is ok, but not great.

It's the toxicity IMHO.
Yeah, Koeman's football is decent. He's just slow and unwilling to adapt his tactics, especially mid game. And the environment around him is just so toxic right now.

The players don't want him fired for whatever that is worth.

That's no "release clause"; it's a "fuck off clause".

I'd be more interested to hear how much he's tied himself down for wage-wise, cos he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting out of there on his terms until that deal expires.
Why would a player sign that contract with the club in a downward spiral? At least Kane thought we were going to be good when he put the golden handcuffs on.

First time since Venables that Barcelona have lost three games on the bounce without scoring……sorry son your times up.

Xavi is the bookies favourite. I wonder if they go for Ten Haag. They have some brilliant young players, he might be the right type of manager to work with a squad like that.

Xavi set to take over at Barca - Al Sadd

Another one getting a huge managerial job just because they played for the club in question.

Granted, this one is likely because Barca can't afford anyone with a track record.
Pep also got the job as head-coach at Barca "just" because he'd played for the club with no previous track record. And back then Barca did have the money to hire any coach they wanted.
Xavi knows the club and he seems to also know a thing about coaching as well so I reckon this could be the best person for the job regardless of having a track record or not.

Why would a player sign that contract with the club in a downward spiral? At least Kane thought we were going to be good when he put the golden handcuffs on.
Maybe he's one of those players who believe things can be turned around and that he's got a burning desire to help Barca in that process.... Such players still exist and should be applauded

Back
Top Bottom