Barcelona 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's see how bad this is then.

"the outcome of which is such devastating findings as a due debt of 1.173 billion euros, a loss of 481 million euros and a wage bill that is 40% higher than that of other elite football clubs."

Big yikes right here.

Here's a more detailed transcript of the press conference.

Let's see how bad this is then.

"the outcome of which is such devastating findings as a due debt of 1.173 billion euros, a loss of 481 million euros and a wage bill that is 40% higher than that of other elite football clubs."

Big yikes right here.

Here's a more detailed transcript of the press conference.
Yes I saw this was on the news during my lunch breal.

If all of that is what they're admitting to (it could be a whole lot worse)

How very unlike Catalans. It's perplexing

I see that Alfons Godall, the vice-president of the Fundación Barça, a charitable organisation associated with the club (like the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation but with a shit load more money and working in a more international sphere), has been sacked after saying this in response to Rafa Nadal's 21st Grand Slam at the weekend...

"Rafael Navidad (a childish translation of his name from Catalan into Spanish) has deeply worried me from the very beginning. He's no different to La Roja ("The Reds", the nickname of the Spanish national team, like how England are called "The Three Lions"), Real Madrid, Fernando Alonso and everything else that the Enemy State (i.e Spain) represents."

It should be remembered that Nadal (who, by-the-by has the temerity to support Real Madrid) is from Mallorca, which most definitely is NOT part of Catalonia. It does however come within the expansionist borders of the Gran Catalunya (along with the other Balearic Islands, Valencia, part of Aragón and a part of France) that these delusional idiots dream of.

Still there are those outside Spain who believe that this ludicrous club are somehow the "workers' team" who alone stand up to their fascist oppressors in the world of sport

giphy.gif

I see that Alfons Godall, the vice-president of the Fundación Barça, a charitable organisation associated with the club (like the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation but with a shit load more money and working in a more international sphere), has been sacked after saying this in response to Rafa Nadal's 21st Grand Slam at the weekend...

"Rafael Navidad (a childish translation of his name from Catalan into Spanish) has deeply worried me from the very beginning. He's no different to La Roja ("The Reds", the nickname of the Spanish national team, like how England are called "The Three Lions"), Real Madrid, Fernando Alonso and everything else that the Enemy State (i.e Spain) represents."

It should be remembered that Nadal (who, by-the-by has the temerity to support Real Madrid) is from Mallorca, which most definitely is NOT part of Catalonia. It does however come within the expansionist borders of the Gran Catalunya (along with the other Balearic Islands, Valencia, part of Aragón and a part of France) that these delusional idiots dream of.

Still there are those outside Spain who believe that this ludicrous club are somehow the "workers' team" who alone stand up to their fascist oppressors in the world of sport

giphy.gif
And remember who his uncle is. Do we know if rafa speaks mallorquin?

Ps. i think it’s perfectly acceptable to be proud of your regional heritage and of being spanish. It wasn’t a problem for most of our history

And remember who his uncle is. Do we know if rafa speaks mallorquin?

Ps. i think it’s perfectly acceptable to be proud of your regional heritage and of being spanish. It wasn’t a problem for most of our history
Absolutely, we all define ourselves in ever-widening circles - family, neighbourhood/village, town/city, region, country, continent, as well as other possible factors like religion, politics, language etc. Nothing at all wrong with any of that as long as you neither exclude people or think yourself better than others.

Nothing at all wrong with Rafa supporting Madrid either, beyond his poor judgement.

But to say that Spain's greatest ever sportsman (probably, tho I guess you might make a case for Indurain or Ballesteros) is an agent of the "Enemy State", you've lost the plot massively.

I don't know if Rafa speaks Mallorquín, probably, he's got a gaff there.

Last edited:
Absolutely we all define ourselves in ever-widening circles - family, neighbourhood/village, town/city, region, country, continent, as well as other possible factors like religion, politics, language etc. Nothing at all wrong with any of that as long as you neither exclude people or think yourself better than others.

Nothing at all wrong with Rafa supporting Madrid either, beyond his poor judgement.

But to say that Spain's greatest ever sportsman (probably, tho I guess you might make a case for Indurain or Ballesteros) is an agent of the "Enemy State", you've lost the plot massively.

I don't know if Rafa speaks Mallorquín, probably, he's got a gaff there.
Interestingly ballesteros was my neighbour in the early 90s and I named my puppy after him. My dog’s called sevy. Very nice and humble person he was

Cool, my English mate and fellow Spur idolises him, he named his son Seve in his honour.
I didn’t know he was famous at the time. I would’ve been 6. You knock on his door asking for your football back for example and he was just a nice guy. His brother antonio took over the house after and wasn’t so nice but that’s another story.

Back
Top Bottom