Barcelona fire sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Following on from this excellent thread what players would you take at Barcelona.
It seems most players are not 'untouchable' and that a lot of their players are for sale.

Pjanic is one I would definitely take especially if he was free.
Coutinho on loan is one I'd take too. Fixes our CAM problem and has Premier league pedigree.
They also have two very talented RB'S . Perhaps they sell one of them. Us a team who needs a RB we should be trying to get one of them.

Wouldn't go for Umtiti who for me is way past it.

So my question for this thread, Who would you/wouldn't you go for from Barcelona for TOTTENHAM

Following on from this excellent thread what players would you take at Barcelona.
It seems most players are not 'untouchable' and that a lot of their players are for sale.

Pjanic is one I would definitely take especially if he was free.
Coutinho on loan is one I'd take too. Fixes our CAM problem and has Premier league pedigree.
They also have two very talented RB'S . Perhaps they sell one of them. Us a team who needs a RB we should be trying to get one of them.

Wouldn't go for Umtiti who for me is way past it.

So my question for this thread, Who would you/wouldn't you go for from Barcelona for TOTTENHAM

Another thread steeped in reality

Emerson. Maybe Dembele to play RW, but he makes like 230kpw and obviously has injury problems. Son - Kane - Dembele front three would be lethal.

Coutinho will be in the PL somewhere next year.

Paratici knows Pjanic very well, I trust him to make the right choice there. He might be finished, but that’s what AC Milan thought of Pirlo too and Paratici knew better.

Coutinho will be in the PL somewhere next year.
Blimey whatever happened to this cunt? Seems to have fallen off a cliff since he moved to Bayern I think.

I know dippers were bending over backwards to suggest it was fine to break the CB and GK transfer records at the time because of the Coutinho cash. Ignoring their wage bill was 300M a year or something.

Emerson isn’t one of the guys they’re giving away.

Braithwaite’s the other one that they’re desperate to offload. I’m sure they’d let Dembele or Jordi Alba go for reasonable prices too.
Braithwaite is mediocre. Alba is too old and we don’t need a LB anyway.
I would be interested in Dembele if we could get him for ~£30M (contract expires 2022). He was on good form for them last season, scoring some crucial goals.
Issue is his injury record, as shown by the fact he got injured before Euros again.

I think they may let Emerson go as they already have Dest who is first choice RB, while Roberto can play there.

Last edited:
Meant LB, typo.
As I said after that, would be happy with Emerson at RB.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-30-at-12.20.49-5f27.png

Nearly every Barca player is on a salary we simply won't pay - it's the massive wages bill that has Barca (and others) trying to dump players ... without a Barca subsidy or the players taking a pay cut nobody including us will be very interested - second hand gas guzzling Porsche at a new car price - would you?

There is a salary limit in La Liga? That's news to me.

It appears every decent player at that club, barring the youngsters, is on more than our highest earner. So the chances of getting any of them here are slim.

Back
Top Bottom