Barcelona President Resigns.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
The power of Messi?

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu resigns before no confidence vote​

11 minutes ago

From the section - European Football

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has resigned following increasing fan pressure and a public fall-out with Lionel Messi.

Bartomeu, who became president in 2014, was set to receive a vote of no confidence with fans attempting to remove him.

He fell out with forward Messi after the Argentina striker handed in a transfer request in August.

His resignation comes three days after Barca's 3-1 home defeat to Real Madrid.

Bartomeu is due to step down in March, having served the maximum two terms as club president.

Messi said he felt deceived by Bartomeu following his failed summer move.

The forward agreed to stay at the club but resentment against Bartomeu has been growing in the past year due to worsening finances and the team's decline on the pitch, which saw them lift no major silverware last season.

More to follow.

The power of Messi?

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu resigns before no confidence vote​

11 minutes ago

From the section - European Football

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has resigned following increasing fan pressure and a public fall-out with Lionel Messi.

Bartomeu, who became president in 2014, was set to receive a vote of no confidence with fans attempting to remove him.

He fell out with forward Messi after the Argentina striker handed in a transfer request in August.

His resignation comes three days after Barca's 3-1 home defeat to Real Madrid.

Bartomeu is due to step down in March, having served the maximum two terms as club president.

Messi said he felt deceived by Bartomeu following his failed summer move.

The forward agreed to stay at the club but resentment against Bartomeu has been growing in the past year due to worsening finances and the team's decline on the pitch, which saw them lift no major silverware last season.

More to follow.
This is a interesting football story for lots of people and this is not directed at you SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs but honestly who gives a fuck.

I think Covid has made the top clubs accelerate the Euro super league that has been discussed for seemingly years. Or at the very least the expansion of the Champions League into basically a mini Euro super-league
Because they're cunts, and they know all the clubs down the pyramid that might go bust are going to want to get bailed out, and that when they say "nah, fuck you peasants" the FAs may threaten them...but once they've already set it up to bail on the national league anyway, they'll just have a fucking laugh.

Disgusting really. I reiterate my genuine hopes we get left out of that shite. I love Spurs, I'd truly be broken to have to hate them.

Because they're cunts, and they know all the clubs down the pyramid that might go bust are going to want to get bailed out, and that when they say "nah, fuck you peasants" the FAs may threaten them...but once they've already set it up to bail on the national league anyway, they'll just have a fucking laugh.

Disgusting really. I reiterate my genuine hopes we get left out of that shite. I love Spurs, I'd truly be broken to have to hate them.
We are damned if we do, damned if we don’t, sadly. We are a billion in debt and Kane and Son will be sold the minute we are on the outside of this. One of the reasons that I think it will be hard to pull off is precisely that: whoever is on the outside is going to have an existential fight on their hands.

We are damned if we do, damned if we don’t, sadly. We are a billion in debt and Kane and Son will be sold the minute we are on the outside of this. One of the reasons that I think it will be hard to pull off is precisely that: whoever is on the outside is going to have an existential fight on their hands.
I would honestly rather Spurs continue in the English Championship without Kane and Son than participate in the Euro Super League.

As I've stated before, if we're invited make no mistake its simply to make up the numbers. Clubs like Madrid, United, Chelsea, City, PSG, etc. will not be moving in this direction and accepting UEFA's financial constraints - they'll be free to spend themselves into oblivion. Unless we're bought by the Saudis (cringe as fuck), we're habitually finishing in the bottom half of this League of Cunts.

I'd rather the club die under stadium and training ground debt than watch us participate in the greater commercial glory of fucking Madrid and PSG. Fuck murdering the sport just so we can be bottom half cunts.

Only way you'll get me on board, even remotely, is if this super league institutes a salary cap and revenue sharing similar to the NFL/NBA to create parity throughout the league. But the cunts creating this league aren't doing it to create the best football league on the planet, so that's not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom