Barcelona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nandrolone is fantastic for helping with injuries and recovery from training.

In low doses it’s prescribed for joint pain relief so I don’t actually have an issue with pro sportsmen using it. It’s not as though as he’s banging in bodybuilder doses.

The whole issue of drugs in sport is a joke. If non athletes can use it to help them why can’t sportsmen? It’s their living after all.

In low doses it’s prescribed for joint pain relief so I don’t actually have an issue with pro sportsmen using it. It’s not as though as he’s banging in bodybuilder doses.

The whole issue of drugs in sport is a joke. If non athletes can use it to help them why can’t sportsmen? It’s their living after all.

Every athlete should be able to be prescribed some sort of drug so it's an even playing field, would make elite sport more exciting and watchable. The issue is that some athletes are taking drugs and some aren't which makes it unfair, either have a controlled substance or not.

Imagine everyone was juiced up on the same doses in the 100m final, would be amazing. :cool:

If it’s an advantage but illegal then only the teams that cheat get the sad vantage

View: https://x.com/losblancoswrld/status/1769052298859413623?s=20

Blatant cheats.

Tbh you could probably decide who wins the league in most top league just by dictating the timing of drug tests.

Anyone know if we found out we were due one after the Fulham game?

I am not doubting that players do take drugs - and big and small clubs.
But the stories about Messi not getting injured during Pep's time at Barca and that a drug could cure broken ankle in 1 week show that most of this article is pure speculation "cooked" on the back of the Frank de Boer story (where it's claimed he ingested the drug while playing for Netherlands).
If a drug had such amazing healing effect of what they claim was a career ending injury that "drug" would be a best seller. Hamstring would then be healed in a day or two :cool:

View: https://twitter.com/losblancoswrld/status/1750519432793956811

I am not doubting that players do take drugs - and big and small clubs.
But the stories about Messi not getting injured during Pep's time at Barca and that a drug could cure broken ankle in 1 week show that most of this article is pure speculation "cooked" on the back of the Frank de Boer story (where it's claimed he ingested the drug while playing for Netherlands).
If a drug had such amazing healing effect of what they claim was a career ending injury that "drug" would be a best seller. Hamstring would then be healed in a day or two :cool:

View: https://twitter.com/losblancoswrld/status/1750519432793956811

Isn't the point that his ankle wasn't broken but they claimed it was so he could avoid taking a doping test?

Isn't the point that his ankle wasn't broken but they claimed it was so he could avoid taking a doping test?
Not from what I read. A bad ankle does not exempt a person from being tested. From the quote below it clearly indicates that the author claims some "miracle drug" miraculously healed Messi.
Unfortunately, no such drug exists - and if it did it would be well known and not just "heal" Messi.

"The only injury Messi suffered during Pep era was this. And it doesn't end here. Such a horrible tackle, like a career ending tackle. But Messi "miraculously" recovered in just ONE WEEK... Everyone was shocked about this. Seems almost impossible."

Not from what I read. A bad ankle does not exempt a person from being tested. From the quote below it clearly indicates that the author claims some "miracle drug" miraculously healed Messi.
Unfortunately, no such drug exists - and if it did it would be well known and not just "heal" Messi.

"The only injury Messi suffered during Pep era was this. And it doesn't end here. Such a horrible tackle, like a career ending tackle. But Messi "miraculously" recovered in just ONE WEEK... Everyone was shocked about this. Seems almost impossible."
It looks like utter hack journalism. I've no doubt there's a story here...but this is NOT it .

Last edited:

I don't know that much but i thought it was because the legal stuff could be used to mask the illegal stuff. Allowing makes proving illegal usage all the more difficult.

So how did he recover from such a bad ankle injury in a week?

I’m probably wrong but I believe they do doping tests straight after a game?

The way I understand it is that the ankle injury was the reason Messi didn’t play and therefore have to take the doping test.

Then everyone was shocked when he recovered a week later.

The way I understand it is that the ankle injury was the reason Messi didn’t play and therefore have to take the doping test.

Gotta be honest; missing a game after your ankle being twisted into that horrific shape doesn't sound particularly suspicious to me.............

Last edited:

There are 2 kinds of doping tests: 1) just after games, 2) doping testes randomly showing up at training or at home (at home the concerning player will he given a short notice to make sure s/he is there).
The 2nd kind of tests are the one's that players "mistakenly" miss.
But, from my understanding, injuries does not exempt a player from being tested for drugs.
And, to my knowledge there is no such drugs that can heal a broken ankle to severely teared muscles, tendons, tissues, etc in 1 week.
If such a drug had existed then it would be used in hospitals all over the world and used on "common people".
The only explanation of Messi's recovery is that the injury was nowhere near as serious as the author claimed.
I am not saying that Barca never used drugs as I would not be surprised to hear that bigger clubs use or used drugs to "improve" players but in this case the author is trying to make a big issues about a non-story.

Back
Top Bottom