Barcelona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barcelona are bullies. Real Madrid are dodgy in their own right, especially when it comes to on-field antics, and Atleti are just, well, Atleti (a circus), but what Barcelona are doing is extraordinary. They have this facade of being "the club of the people", fighting against the regime and discriminaton of the Catalan people, while in fact they're just vile assholes. Shame that some of their players got tricked by this facade, like Lewy, De Jong, Memphis, Raphinha etc.

Barcelona are bullies. Real Madrid are dodgy in their own right, especially when it comes to on-field antics, and Atleti are just, well, Atleti (a circus), but what Barcelona are doing is extraordinary. They have this facade of being "the club of the people", fighting against the regime and discriminaton of the Catalan people, while in fact they're just vile assholes. Shame that some of their players got tricked by this facade, like Lewy, De Jong, Memphis, Raphinha etc.

Those who think they are the most virtuous and superior are often the most corrupt and nasty.

Vile pricks. They screwed another club to get him, relegating them in the process, and now they are pushing a ridiculous agenda that makes their own fans boo their player simply because he wants to fullfill his contract obligations.

Last edited:
It's not only baffling that they can get away with it - it's baffling that they'd even want to

They still have amazing young players and a great academy......just reduce costs and work your way towards having the best team in 3-4 years time

The brand's ego and their mostly plastic fan-base can't cope with that.

Vile pricks. They screwed another club to get him, relegating them in the process, and now they are pushing a ridiculous agenda that makes their own fans boo their player simply because he wants to fullfill his contract obligations.

And refusing to take a pay cut! but that’s what they deserve cos they wave money in the air to get players to play for “BARCA” like they’ve a god given right to get anybody they want, well fuck them & Madrid it’s all that’s wrong with modern football teams like them.

ojH1Eil.png

That would be daft, even by their lofty standards.

Will be very interesting to see how this develops. Hyperbole aside, their situation really could be described as the first stages of bankruptcy. Obviously, the underlying asset is so huge that such drastic measures are unrealistic, but in *any other* sensibly regulated activity they would be under the pump now.

They can't pay their players.

Surely they can sue Barca for this, how can it be allowed the club the create a contract with something illegal it in then potentially use that illegality to get out of paying.

That would be like me getting a builder to do a job then not paying on the grounds that I purposefully put something dodgy in the contract. Unless De Jong wilfully and knowingly did it I don’t see how he should be punished for their criminality.

Barcelona are surely the most corrupt and scummiest club on the face of the planet at this point.

How on earth have they not been banned from European competitions and had a massive points deduction in La Liga at this point?

How many times have we seen smaller clubs get huge point deductions for financial issues and not being able to pay their players?

Surely they can sue Barca for this, how can it be allowed the club the create a contract with something illegal it in then potentially use that illegality to get out of paying.

That would be like me getting a builder to do a job then not paying on the grounds that I purposefully put something dodgy in the contract. Unless De Jong wilfully and knowingly did it I don’t see how he should be punished for their criminality.

I really hope this blows up in their faces, that a court orders the contracts null and void but that Barcelona pay damages to the players in roundabout the same as the contracts would.

Something tells me Barcelona don't want to go anywhere near a court with this, just plain good old blackmailing.

Barcelona are surely the most corrupt and scummiest club on the face of the planet at this point.

How on earth have they not been banned from European competitions and had a massive points deduction in La Liga at this point?

How many times have we seen smaller clubs get huge point deductions for financial issues and not being able to pay their players?
I think them having Messi provided them with a certain level of protection. Now he's left they really aren't anything special.

I think them having Messi provided them with a certain level of protection. Now he's left they really aren't anything special.
Exactly this. Because they had Messi, everybody respected Messi since he was a genius, so everybody respected Barca. I remember when Messi destroyed us at Wembley 4-2, that you could do nothing but just be humble and admire his football. On top of that, Messi hid a lot of their issues with his brilliance. Now thst Messi is gone, everyone can see what a shit club they really are. Not even Xavi can help anymore, and his image is almost as good as Messi's.

Back
Top Bottom