Barcelona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First Things first.

Barcelona are a storied club with an amazing history and fantastic fan base.

Which makes what is currently happening even worse. It is spitting in those traditions. Its a betrayal of thier history and fuck it dare we say their community.

Barcelona should be retreating to win. Going back to their roots. Develop a youth team that at a latter stage they can gild, when finances allow with international talent.

Presently the club's management is nothing but a bunch of wankers.

That would be daft, even by their lofty standards.

Will be very interesting to see how this develops. Hyperbole aside, their situation really could be described as the first stages of bankruptcy. Obviously, the underlying asset is so huge that such drastic measures are unrealistic, but in *any other* sensibly regulated activity they would be under the pump now.

They can't pay their players.

It's near on Enron level stuff

It is such a shame the way that this Barcelona situation is turning out. To me it's always been a fantastic club, bought players through the youth academy, played great football and is just an amazing city in general.

What's happening now though, not just on the footballing front is not good. The contracts, the sponsorships, it all just goes against what the club has traditionally been known for.

They have such a good academy and have bought through a few good youngsters recently and you just wish they would have gone back to their roots again but unfortunately nowadays in football money just rules the way things are run.

Barcelona are like a drunken pirate being given the credit card, Laporte wants to win the CL next season then flee on a plane to retire on a Caribbean Island for some one else to pick up the shit when it all falls apart .

Surely they can sue Barca for this, how can it be allowed the club the create a contract with something illegal it in then potentially use that illegality to get out of paying.

That would be like me getting a builder to do a job then not paying on the grounds that I purposefully put something dodgy in the contract. Unless De Jong wilfully and knowingly did it I don’t see how he should be punished for their criminality.

We should do this with Tanguy. He illegally and fraudulently misrepresented himself as a professional footballer.

Yup, that's what I'm going with.

Surely they can sue Barca for this, how can it be allowed the club the create a contract with something illegal it in then potentially use that illegality to get out of paying.

That would be like me getting a builder to do a job then not paying on the grounds that I purposefully put something dodgy in the contract. Unless De Jong wilfully and knowingly did it I don’t see how he should be punished for their criminality.

Side-stepping the current narrative; I wonder if this means we can sign Lenglet for free next summer(*).

(*Only if he plays well obv.)

Vile pricks. They screwed another club to get him, relegating them in the process, and now they are pushing a ridiculous agenda that makes their own fans boo their player simply because he wants to fullfill his contract obligations.

Disgusting. I hope they go bankrupt and get relegated to the 4th league or whatever it is. These entitled prick fans deserve it too.

They are unable to support the signing, Xavi does not consider him fundamental to the Barcelona project and therefore they want to get him started.

Barcelona have not yet solved their financial problems but he always spent money with the tone of grandeur
b6095246cebcdf5f8108f8bbc404a13d.jpg

Cunt club; cunt fans.

Looks increasingly like Barca are gonna get away with this stunt too......... (The noise is further increasing about him joining the Chavs)

There's only one righteous outcome here regardless of if De Jong stays or goes....... If FDJ curtails and just writes off the money owed to him he'll be emboldening Barca to do this again and again.

....He may not like being saddled with such responsibility, but less wealthy players need FDJ to take a stand here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom