Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be an interesting team selection. I would hope Japhet Tanganga is also involved - he is out of contract at the end of this season, and unless involved (assuming not injured) its very possible he's off in January or the summer, which would be a shame as he was a revelation in the 4 pre-season matches playing at CB and RCB against some decent strikers.

Mourhino watched the last u23 match so quite possible that one or two of those will be involved - Jamie Bowden (CM) scored a hattrick so might be the obvious one to be involved, probably from the bench. Harvey White (CM) not really involved in that match but might well be involved on the bench. Cirkin (LB) name checked by Mourhino a week ago and said he'd be joining first team training, but might be too early for him, so maybe 19th man ?

Probably likely a few 'fringe' or infrequent (in Jose's first 4 matches) starters will also have a chance to show what they can do.....step forward Mr Lo Celso ? But I hope the team also involves a few of the more experienced players to give a framework to slot some of the less frequent starters into.

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Tanganga, Sessegnon
Skipp, Wanyama
Moura, Eriksen, Lo Celso
Parrott
If Tanganga doesn't start because he's in a contractual standoff with the club, expect Foyth to start.

Subs to include : Whiteman or Austin, Foyth, Bowden, White ?

fTrOYYT.jpg

Whiteman, Verts, Wanyama, Skipp, Eriksen, Son, Kane

---------------------Gazza-----------------------
Kwp--------Foyth----Vertonghen------Rose
----------------Skipp--N'dombele-----------
--------------------Lo'Celso------------------
------Eriksen--‐-----------------Sessegnon--
---------------------Parrott-------------------

Vorm (?)
KWP / Dav / Foyth / Rose
Skipp / Ndombele (?)
Eriksen / GLC / Sessengon
Parrot

why are we rushing the often injured Ndombele back for a meaningless game?

Until he's 1000% fully fit, he's a luxury player we can't rely on.

Team v Bayern Munich :

---------------------------------------Gazzaniga----------------------------------------------
--WalkerPeters----------Foyth------------------Tanganga-------------Sessegnon-----
----------------------------------Skipp----------Wanyama-----------------------------------
------------------Eriksen-----------------------------------------LoCelso---------------------
-----------------------------------Moura------Parrott--------------------------------------

Whatever team he picks, I hope to see Alderweireld and Sanchez at CB. Those two need to play every game together and get to know one another. It’ll be an onslaught in this game so good chance to work on defensive tactics. Of course Bayern don’t need to win this either so perhaps we’ll see a much weakened team from then too

Must admit I've spent a lot of money to go and see a reserve game!
Seriously, always wanted to go to Munich and really looking forward to it.

Germany is always fun in my experience.... Love the local humour. Have yourself a blast! :pochhail:

Gazzaniga
KWP - Foyth - Tanganga - Rose
Skipp
Lo Celso - Winks
Lucas - Parrott - Sessegnon
3-1 loss.

Great experience for some of these players.

Back
Top Bottom