Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Difficult to pick the team. None of the injured players should play even if recovered. Some not getting enough mins must play, Eriksen, Lo celso, Rose, Foyth, Sess and Skipp. After that it depends on how damaging a thrashing will be as the first team lost 7-2. Not sure what sort of team BM will put out and how good the reserves are even if picked. Could end up embarrassing as when we have played a completely changed team not used to playing together in cup games against weak opposition it has not gone well and BM are not weak opposition.

Bayern Munich lost again yesterday to Bundesliga leaders Borussia Monchengladbach - and now sit in 7th position 7 points behind Monchengladbach. To put their current position into perspective, Bayern have won the title for the last 7 seasons !

They must win their next league games and will probably want to rest a number of players and not risk playing key players like Lewandowski. So Mourhino announcing he'll start with Parrott, Sessegnon, Walker-Peters and Skipp is probably more than welcomed by Bayern, and make it an easy decision to rest their players..

Our next weekend's game is a tricky one at Wolves who play today, but already equal on points with us. So resting most of our team that started v Burnley will certainly help - with Wolves at home to Besiktas on Thursday but having already qualified for the group stages they may also rest players.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Tanganga - Vertonghen - Rose
Skipp
Lo Celso - Winks
Lucas - Parrott - Sessengon

and thinktank thinktank .. FOYTH IS NEVER GOING TO START CENTRE MID.

I don't think the team will be as young as that. You don't want them getting slaughtered. That doesn't do anyone good.

I know Jose wants this next week to be about training and tactics, but i'd still like to see our back like of Sanchez, Toby, Jan get more work together. Aurier deserves a rest.

I would like to see

Gazza
KWP - Sanchez - Toby - Jan
Skipp - Winks (Sissoko if Winks isn't fit)
GLC - Parrott - Sess

I would like to see a 4-3-3
Goalie
Walker-Peters--Foyth--Taganga--Rose
Ndombele--Skipp--LoCelso
Lamela--Parrot--Eriksen

And if Lamela and Ndombele still are injured I don't know. Winks maybe and move up LoCelso.

Play the stiffs
I'd play the Under-11's girls team!

But in all honesty, I'd play the kids... in what other scenario are they gonna get a potential once in a lifetime experience of playing at The Allianz Arena?
The top two is decided... no one else is relying on our result, so who we play is up to us!!

I'd go youth all the way, and maybe throw in 'old man' Winks for some 'experience'

Difficult to pick the team. None of the injured players should play even if recovered. Some not getting enough mins must play, Eriksen, Lo celso, Rose, Foyth, Sess and Skipp. After that it depends on how damaging a thrashing will be as the first team lost 7-2. Not sure what sort of team BM will put out and how good the reserves are even if picked. Could end up embarrassing as when we have played a completely changed team not used to playing together in cup games against weak opposition it has not gone well and BM are not weak opposition.
Not Eriksen

Why not let him earn his money and allows a starter yesterday to rest.
Sometimes you have to accept a writeoff, there are lots of others deserving time and he has demonstrated time and time again he couldn’t give a fuck, so don’t let him impede those who are trying to impress

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, it makes no sense to field a full-strength team when qualification is sown up and there is nothing to play for; on the other, I'd like us to give them a pasting to pay them back for the 7-2. Such a win would do a lot for squad morale while another heavy defeat would be a massive step backwards.

At the end of the day, it's Jose's decision. We'll just have to see what he comes up with.

Could be an interesting team selection. I would hope Japhet Tanganga is also involved - he is out of contract at the end of this season, and unless involved (assuming not injured) its very possible he's off in January or the summer, which would be a shame as he was a revelation in the 4 pre-season matches playing at CB and RCB against some decent strikers.

Mourhino watched the last u23 match so quite possible that one or two of those will be involved - Jamie Bowden (CM) scored a hattrick so might be the obvious one to be involved, probably from the bench. Harvey White (CM) not really involved in that match but might well be involved on the bench. Cirkin (LB) name checked by Mourhino a week ago and said he'd be joining first team training, but might be too early for him, so maybe 19th man ?

Probably likely a few 'fringe' or infrequent (in Jose's first 4 matches) starters will also have a chance to show what they can do.....step forward Mr Lo Celso ? But I hope the team also involves a few of the more experienced players to give a framework to slot some of the less frequent starters into.

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Tanganga, Sessegnon
Skipp, Wanyama
Moura, Eriksen, Lo Celso
Parrott
If Tanganga doesn't start because he's in a contractual standoff with the club, expect Foyth to start.

Subs to include : Whiteman or Austin, Foyth, Bowden, White ?

Foyth should start in place of Davinson

Back
Top Bottom