Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This might be the most enjoyable loss we've had.

Really excited to see the team.

I really me hope we don't let the possibility of a thrashing inna meaningless game deter us from really utilising this opportunity for a breather during a congested moment of the season. I would really give all those screaming out for a shot the chance to play at this level for the first time, Wolves is where our heads should be at not this nothing game.

Make a few dreams come true, it's why we love the game:

Whiteman, bring Austin on at HT
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Tanganga
Rose
Skipp
Bowden HT swap for Harvey White (if this isn't fair put Wanyama in)
Lo Celso
Eriksen
Sessegnon
Parrott

Stick Eyoma on the bench and see if we can give him a chance to stretch his legs and to say he played against Bayern Munich on domestic footballs biggest stage. If Cirkin is able to and Etete is fit I'd love to see him have a go but it doesn't seem like either are in the European squad.

Last edited:
Interesting to see so many people putting out these all reserve formations

Are you guys hoping that in addition to the humiliating record home defeat in European competition we can add to it with a record away defeat scoreline as well?

Hopefully the club has a more practical view of the game and plays a strong side with the likes of LoCelso, N'Dombele and Sessegnon getting some game time in the process

We need to be integrating our players into the squad; not throwing out a random mix of players. Foyth not even on the bench at the weekend, so not sure what the situation is there.

Line up as below seems like. Need to keep the momentum of Alli and Kane in flight. Give a rest to Son. Possible that Aurier will need a rest.

Gazza
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Rose
Skipp - Ndombele
Moura - Lo Celso - Alli
Kane

Eriksen, Parott and Sess introduced later in the game.

Are you guys hoping that in addition to the humiliating record home defeat in European competition we can add to it with a record away defeat scoreline as well?

Hopefully the club has a more practical view of the game and plays a strong side with the likes of LoCelso, N'Dombele and Sessegnon getting some game time in the process
So would you rather lose against Munich In a dead rubber tie, and beat wolves potentially putting us within 3 points of Chelsea before we play them, or put in a good performance against Munich and revenge them for our 2-7 Defeat but go away to wolves tired and get beaten ? Obviously none of this is a given as we could rest players and still get beat by wolves and vice versa , but with a heavy fixture list coming up I would like to see the manager give players rest when ever possible and give some of the fringe players a chance to prove themselves, Munich also sit 7th in the BL so the chances are they will also rest the majority of players as winning doesn’t give them any advantage either .....

getting a dead rubber like this is a gift at this this time of the year, would be daft to not make it count; however we need some continuity to give the players a platform to perform at least.

Sess at LB
Skipp with Ndom & GLC either side
eriksen/moura/parrott up top

gaps filled by 1st teamers.

aak
getting a dead rubber like this is a gift at this this time of the year, would be daft to not make it count; however we need some continuity to give the players a platform to perform at least.

Sess at LB
Skipp with Ndom & GLC either side
eriksen/moura/parrott up top

gaps filled by 1st teamers.
This was what I had in mind

We need to be integrating our players into the squad; not throwing out a random mix of players. Foyth not even on the bench at the weekend, so not sure what the situation is there.

Line up as below seems like. Need to keep the momentum of Alli and Kane in flight. Give a rest to Son. Possible that Aurier will need a rest.

Gazza
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Rose
Skipp - Ndombele
Moura - Lo Celso - Alli
Kane

Eriksen, Parott and Sess introduced later in the game.

Rest Alli and Kane for bigger tasks. Shouldn't even be on the plane over there. Pointless risking them picking up an injury while they are in such great form.

I agree that it shouldn't be a complete reserve side. It should be a side with members of the 1st team squad who currently aren't getting game time.

However I don't think we should let the result of the first leg discourage us from giving a chance to some of these younger players. It was a bit of a fluke, that it was such a high defeat.

Also, I think that some of these players, if they put in a shift and go about it with the right attitude, should be capable of getting a respectable result against Bayern. They have an opportunity to get themselves in to the first team with a decent performance.

So would you rather lose against Munich In a dead rubber tie, and beat wolves potentially putting us within 3 points of Chelsea before we play them, or put in a good performance against Munich and revenge them for our 2-7 Defeat but go away to wolves tired and get beaten ? Obviously none of this is a given as we could rest players and still get beat by wolves and vice versa , but with a heavy fixture list coming up I would like to see the manager give players rest when ever possible and give some of the fringe players a chance to prove themselves, Munich also sit 7th in the BL so the chances are they will also rest the majority of players as winning doesn’t give them any advantage either .....

He probably would

Stupid cunt

Back
Top Bottom