Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The players avilable for CL right now are:
Vorm - injured
Gazza
Whiteman
Austin

Rose
Toby
Jan
Sanchez
Dier
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Aurier
Davies - injured?
Taganga
Eyoma

Son
Winks - injured?
Lamela - injured
Sissoko
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Dele
Eriksen
Lucas
Ndombele - injured
Skipp
Bowden
White

Kane
Parrot

So who do we play? I say fuck the result, use this opportunity to evaluate players, I´m sure Herr Flick will do the same

_______________Whiteman/Austin
Walker-Peters -- Foyth -- Taganga -- Rose
__________________ Skipp -- Bowden/White (any of the DM material?)
__________Eriksen -- Lo Celso -- Sessegnon
_______________________Parrot

For all those advocating sending out a pure youth/misfits line up, I'd like to think the club has some obligation to those fans making the trip over to not completely write off the result (even if it's irrelevant), we should be as competitive as we can be still.

This could be one of the most interesting squads that Spurs have put out for years.

Mourhino is bound to play a few players that he hasn't seen a lot of - so that means only a few of Gzzzaniga, Aurier, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Son, Dele, Eriksen, Lucas, Kane will play.

Then there is an injured list of Lloris, Vorm, Davies, Ndombele, Winks, Lamela

So that leaves :

Whiteman and Austin - both currently back up GK's but neither having played a first team game yet

Walker-Peters - RB frequently name checked by Poch but only a few games despite several MOTM awards, played opening 3 games this season.

Foyth - A Poch favourite who started as CB at Spurs and then moved to being Argentina RB, but only one appearance this season

Tanganga - Very impressive pre-season at both LCB and RCB, calm, good on ball, good heading, tackling, interceptions.....but only one appearance v Colchester this season. And coming to end of his contract in June and unhappy with no playing time or loan.

Eyoma - Looked good in Pre-season 2018, but hardly played last season and back playing u23 football the CB/RB needs a loan to develop.

Skipp - The 19 year old had about 10 appearances last season and excellent pre-season, but only one appearance v Colchester (and the appearance v Burneley) this season. Despite us needing DM reinforcements

White - The 18 year old made a good impression in preseason covering at LB, despite his natural position being as a DM (or even CB or AM). Excellent set piece taker. Might be playing in a 'must win' u19 match v Munich before first team bench

Bowden - The 19 year old DM/CM impressed Mourhino with his first hattrick in last u23's match which Jose watched. Might be playing in a 'must win' u19 match v Bayern before being on bench for first team

Lo Celso - Our 2nd most expensive signing but a combination of injuries and arriving without a pre-season after Copa America means that the 22 year old has hardly played for Spurs.

Sessegnon - Joined Spurs when injured, and only fit fir a few weeks, Jose tried to buy him for Spurs, so just a question when Sessegnon gets a chance probably as an AM/winger but alternatively as LB

Parrott - At 17, the youngest player to make a PL appearance this season.

So 12 players with no or limited game time at Spurs this season who might hope to make the Spurs squad v Bayern tomorrow.

I'd guess :

Whiteman or Austin - bench as back up GK
KWP - starting as RB
Tanganga - Starting CB
Eyoma - Might miss out/19th man
Foyth - Bench or starting CB
Skipp starting DM
Bowden - Bench
White - Bench
Lo Celso - Starting as an AM
Sessegnon - Starting possibly as AM
Parrott - Starting as Striker

So starters - KWP, Tanganga (or Foyth), Skipp, Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Parrott.

Only other question is Wanyama - does he start to provide experience (and doesn't need to be rested for Wolves game) alongside the inexperienced Skipp
Which might mean Spurs starting the following established players rather than resting them - Gazzaniga, Rose (as LB) Sanchez (alongside Tanganga), Eriksen as a CAM alongside Sessegnon and Lo Celso to support Parrott up front.

Gazzaniga
KWP Sanchez, Tanganga, Rose
Wanyama, Skipp
Lo Celso, Eriksen, Sessegnon
Parrott​

Last edited:
For all those advocating sending out a pure youth/misfits line up, I'd like to think the club has some obligation to those fans making the trip over to not completely write off the result (even if it's irrelevant), we should be as competitive as we can be still.
When I go on a European away day I hardly remember the game :mourglasses:

This could be one of the most interesting squads that Spurs have put out for years.

Mourhino is bound to play a few players that he hasn't seen a lot of - so that means only a few of Gzzzaniga, Aurier, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Son, Dele, Eriksen, Lucas, Kane will play.

Then there is an injured list of Lloris, Vorm, Davies, Ndombele, Winks, Lamela

So that leaves :

Whiteman and Austin - both currently back up GK's but neither having played a first team game yet

Walker-Peters - RB frequently name checked by Poch but only a few games despite several MOTM awards, played opening 3 games this season.

Foyth - A Poch favourite who started as CB at Spurs and then moved to being Argentina RB, but only one appearance this season

Tanganga - Very impressive pre-season at both LCB and RCB, calm, good on ball, good heading, tackling, interceptions.....but only one appearance v Colchester this season. And coming to end of his contract in June and unhappy with no playing time or loan.

Eyoma - Looked good in Pre-season 2018, but hardly played last season and back playing u23 football the CB/RB needs a loan to develop.

Skipp - The 19 year old had about 10 appearances last season and excellent pre-season, but only one appearance v Colchester (and the appearance v Burneley) this season. Despite us needing DM reinforcements

White - The 18 year old made a good impression in preseason covering at LB, despite his natural position being as a DM (or even CB or AM). Excellent set piece taker

Bowden - The 19 year old DM/CM impressed Mourhino with his first hattrick in last u23's match which Jose watched.

Lo Celso - Our 2nd most expensive signing but a combination of injuries and arriving without a pre-season after Copa America means that the 22 year old has hardly played for Spurs.

Sessegnon - Joined Spurs when injured, and only fit fir a few weeks, Jose tried to buy him for Spurs, so just a question when Sessegnon gets a chance probably as an AM/winger but alternatively as LB

Parrott - At 17, the youngest player to make a PL appearance this season.

So 12 players with no or limited game time at Spurs this season who might hope to make the Spurs squad v Bayern tomorrow.

I'd guess :

Whiteman or Austin - bench as back up GK
KWP - starting as RB
Tanganga - Starting CB
Eyoma - Might miss out/19th man
Foyth - Bench or starting CB
Skipp starting DM
Bowden - Bench
White - Bench
Lo Celso - Starting as an AM
Sessegnon - Starting possibly as AM
Parrott - Starting as Striker

So starters - KWP, Tanganga (or Foyth), Skipp, Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Parrott.

Only other question is Wanyama - does he start to provide experience (and doesn't need to be rested for Wolves game) alongside the inexperienced Skipp
Which might mean Spurs starting the following established players rather than resting them - Gazzaniga, Rose (as LB) Sanchez (alongside Tanganga), Eriksen as a CAM alongside Sessegnon and Lo Celso to support Parrott up front.

Gazzaniga
KWP Sanchez, Tanganga, Rose
Wanyama, Skipp
Lo Celso, Eriksen, Sessegnon
Parrott​
Austin signed a contract today so I have to imagine he'd get the start if it's not Gazza

True.

But Bayern have 3 league games next week before their winter break which could define their season. They wont be taking any risks with their team selection.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing some of the younger players TBH, and appreciate that the Wolves game has more importance attached to it. Don't want to risk any injury issues!

So travelling experienced first team players are Gazzaniga, Rose, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Moura, Son.

I'd guess that Son will be on the bench, to bring on in case we really need an extra attacking focus ? And perhaps 2 or 3 of the others to be brought on in case some of the less experienced are struggling ?

So maybe 5 (ish) of the travelling experienced players to start (plus of course Lo Celso et al)

Give Bostock a game, ughh no wait I mean Zeki Fryers, oh that's not right either Skipp yes SKIPP, give him a game!

Englands next superstar I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom