Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby's long balls vital to our present tactics. If he is not to start who is best equipped to play that role? Not sure but not Sanchez. 4 changes definite from Burnley but think maybe more but not all and those that start except GK to be replaced in 2nd half. Maybe let Rose attack and Foyth stay back and provide long balls?
Gazza, Foyth Toby/Sanchez, Tanganga Rose
Skipp, Eriksen, Lo Celso
Moura, Parrott, Sess

thanks for that tip, used to climbing stairs, we're on Level 5 in the new stadium, one way to get my steps in!! When I went to get my Euros, the cashier asked where I was going, she assumed I was going for the Christmas market, couldn't comprehend that I was going for the football:)
Are you a 10,000 a day kinda gal..... :thumbup:

If we can get a full 90 minutes out of Walker-Peters, Foyth, Tanganga, Skipp, Sessegnon, Lo Celso & Parrott I'll be happy. With Vorm still out injured and with the fitness of Gazzaniga absolutely vital during this moment I honestly think we need to give one of our young GKs a run out as well. Wanyama will be getting minutes as well I'm certain.

I think 5 or 6 out of those 7 you list will start rather than all - and its just that I think you need to play youngsters alongside some more experienced players to give them guidance in game, although tbf Lo Celso is an experienced player, just not at Spurs, and equally Sessegnon is.

So my guess is that Tanganga (or possibly Foyth but all the leaks have been about Tanganga starting) will start alongside a more experienced CB for example.

I'd like to play one of the young GK's for the reasons you say, and with Austin's contract extension being announced today, if anyone it will be him, but that would be a huge risk as he didn't play in preseason, hasn't played for E u20 or u21 despite call ups so playing v Bayern would be a huge step up. I think Mourhino will start Gazzaniga and take the risk (as he has done in the 4 games since he arrived - with maybe an appearance off the bench for Austin.

So would you rather lose against Munich In a dead rubber tie, and beat wolves potentially putting us within 3 points of Chelsea before we play them, or put in a good performance against Munich and revenge them for our 2-7 Defeat but go away to wolves tired and get beaten ? Obviously none of this is a given as we could rest players and still get beat by wolves and vice versa , but with a heavy fixture list coming up I would like to see the manager give players rest when ever possible and give some of the fringe players a chance to prove themselves, Munich also sit 7th in the BL so the chances are they will also rest the majority of players as winning doesn’t give them any advantage either .....
I get that.
I just dont want us to run out 11 x 18 year olds like some are suggesting and get hosed by double figures because they run out an A/B team
I think we will put out an A/B team as well and the 2 sides will play at a gentlemanly canter.
That way we agree not to kill each other but pack some guns as insurance.

I get that.
I just dont want us to run out 11 x 18 year olds like some are suggesting and get hosed by double figures because they run out an A/B team
I think we will put out an A/B team as well and the 2 sides will play at a gentlemanly canter.
That way we agree not to kill each other but pack some guns as insurance.

I haven't actually seen many suggestions of a 11 x 18 year olds at all.

I've seen plenty of suggestions where we start 4 or 5 players who have played in the 4 PL games - but add in Lo Celso, Sessegnon (both of whom have played over 100 professional games) plus a few youngsters who have played a handful of games for Spurs (maybe 2 from KWP, Skipp, Foyth) and only two real rookies (Parrott and Tanganga both with one game each). So a starting 11 of whom 2/3rds have played over 100 professional games each.

Plus of course a couple of inexperienced on the bench with the others being experienced on the bench.

So arguably a pretty balanced team in terms of experience

I haven't actually seen many suggestions of a 11 x 18 year olds at all.

I've seen plenty of suggestions where we start 4 or 5 players who have played in the 4 PL games - but add in Lo Celso, Sessegnon (both of whom have played over 100 professional games) plus a few youngsters who have played a handful of games for Spurs (maybe 2 from KWP, Skipp, Foyth) and only two real rookies (Parrott and Tanganga both with one game each). So a starting 11 of whom 2/3rds have played over 100 professional games each.

Plus of course a couple of inexperienced on the bench with the others being experienced on the bench.

So arguably a pretty balanced team in terms of experience
Yep, what I was proposing.
Earlier in the thread there were some really silly teams proposed, stopping just short of running the ladies team out

With Eriksen as captain

Good for him wanting to play.
Good for Mourinho to rest him.

This is fantastic if true........ It would be lovely to have a manager who saves the players from themselves.

Of course Kane wants to play every game but it's not worth it if he ends up crocked towards the end of the season.

Bravo Jose! Finally some game management from a Spurs manager.

Back
Top Bottom