Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barcelona rest Messi yesterday despite him winning the Ballon d'Or and scoring a hattrick within the last week.

I'm sure Kane will get over it.

Resting Kane in a game that means nothing in the grander scope of things is the right move.

We will need Kane for the knockout games and the league, this game is a glorified friendly with both teams guaranteed to go through either way. Give Harry some extra rest and he'll be firing on all cylinders vs Wolves.

Bayern may take it a bit more seriously since they are on a losing/winless streak but who cares about that?

It's okay that the man wanna play, but if he's gonna openly moan about it he's just stupid. He should also be able to see the bigger picture.

ATM there's also some value in playing Parrott. With only 18 months left on his contract we need to show him that he's in future plans. I'd hate to lose a talent like that.

Has there been any word in the German media as to what sort of team they'll be putting out?
Not in the roundup I am reading right now. But having a look at Reddit most fans seem to think that they will field a relatively strong 11 due to wanting to get back in winning form since their league run has stuttered.

Not in the roundup I am reading right now. But having a look at Reddit most fans seem to think that they will field a relatively strong 11 due to wanting to get back in winning form since their league run has stuttered.

I can see some of our fans melting that we're fielding a weak team upon hearing this. :harrylol:

It ain't the Kane show, it's all about what's best for Spurs.

Resting Kane for a nothing game when the guy always gets told he looks like he's close to burnout is clearly the right thing to do.

We get told we are wrong for not giving youngsters more time yet get the chance to give a youngster more time and it's the wrong thing? Madness
If kane usually avoided injury & looked full of energy then he would have a good case. But every season he seems to get a fairly serious injury & in general he isn't the most mobile player who seems to buzz around full of life. He's such a crucial player too so makes total sense to rest him anytime we can. Especially when you also add in him normally playing for England during every international break.

Surely the fix is in for a draw? If not then why not? Both teams have important games in the league and to risk players getting injured in a game that means nothing is just daft.

We will hold Lewandowski hostage I reckon ... if Bayern break the agreement then we break Lewandowski.

Lewandowski will play and squad players like Gnabry and Coutinho will probably start.

They will have a much stronger XI than us.

Good. I believe we’ll see start a stronger squad than most expect. Our squad needs reps against good attacking sides.

After José’s press conference and knowing who he brought. I’m hoping we see

Gazza
Foyth - Toby - Sanchez -Rose
Sissoko -Skipp
Son - Lo Celso - Sess
Parrott

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of our away supporters have binned it off. Absolutely shed loads of tickets for this flying about today.

Last edited:
So just to remind who we DO have in this game -

Certain first team players-
Gazzaniga
Rose
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Son
Wanyama
Dier
Sissoko
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Eriksen
Moura

Youngsters who have had chance to play (but very limited mintues) -
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Skipp
Parrott
Tanganga

Academy/reserves players who have taken part in preseason games -
Whiteman
Eyoma
Bowden
Oakley-Boothe
Etete

I think from this selection we could go with back 3

-------------Gazza------------
Foyth--Sanchez-Tanganga
KWP------------Sessegnon
-----Sissoko--Skipp---------
--Moura---------Lo Celso--
-----------Parrott------------

- would give us option to use fullbacks + both Foyth and Tanganga in backline
- would not include players who are not capable and/or cannot play for us in the future rly (Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose)
- would allow new-joiners in Sessegnon and Lo Celso to get time
- would allow youngsters to get minutes (Skipp, Parrott)

It's like 3-4-3 essentially. Only question is if Parrott gets enough service. Though I hope wings could help to provide it.

So just to remind who we DO have in this game -

Certain first team players-
Gazzaniga
Rose
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Son
Wanyama
Dier
Sissoko
Lo Celso
Sessegnon
Eriksen
Moura

Youngsters who have had chance to play (but very limited mintues) -
Walker-Peters
Foyth
Skipp
Parrott
Tanganga

Academy/reserves players who have taken part in preseason games -
Whiteman
Eyoma
Bowden
Oakley-Boothe
Etete

I think from this selection we could go with back 3

-------------Gazza------------
Foyth--Sanchez-Tanganga
KWP------------Sessegnon
-----Sissoko--Skipp---------
--Moura---------Lo Celso--
-----------Parrott------------

- would give us option to use fullbacks + both Foyth and Tanganga in backline
- would not include players who are not capable and/or cannot play for us in the future rly (Eriksen, Wanyama, Rose)
- would allow new-joiners in Sessegnon and Lo Celso to get time
- would allow youngsters to get minutes (Skipp, Parrott)

It's like 3-4-3 essentially. Only question is if Parrott gets enough service. Though I hope wings could help to provide it.
and if they play their first team, that side you proposed might even keep the score down below a double digit defeat.
I had to sit and watch us get a record hammering 7-2 at home for an outlay of around 100 quid, and I felt crushed for days afterwards
Not going wont make it any better if it happens again - irrespective of the circumstances.

You do have the advantage of not having to select Aurier - who was spectacularly gash in the first game and allowed Gnabry to waltz past him at will.

I’m really hoping that Lo Celso and Parrot get a start, I want to see them play a full game.

It's a world of difference starting a game as opposed to getting on the pitch when your team is 4 goals up and less motivated to play at a high tempo.

I think both of them are nailed on to start.

It's a world of difference starting a game as opposed to getting on the pitch when your team is 4 goals up and less motivated to play at a high tempo.

I think both of them are nailed on to start.
The problem being that as JM will play quite a few youngsters they (Lo Celso and Parrot) probably won't shine.

Has there been any word in the German media as to what sort of team they'll be putting out?

Alot of their fans on forums seem to think they'll go relatively strong due to losing their last two games and seeing this as a way of getting back to winning ways.

Back
Top Bottom