Being Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(would've added this to a preëxisting Levy thread, but the advanced search yelled at me:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: levy.
)

There's a nice little post up at Life's a Pitch detailing the seven ways to run a club, if you're Daniel Levy:

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/fanzone/da ... -chairman/

Probably there is not much in the bit that is news to us, but it is nice to read it all in once place. Interesting that the author (Alan Frost) does not assume that Spurs are being groomed to be sold later at a profit, and that there is a chance that Levy and Lewis are actually working as caretakers of the club as fans and as businessmen.

The parts about the stadium also seem to gloss over the Stratford mess…

:levystare:

I think the Stratford mess was a clever move by Levy. He knew what the public and politician's reaction would be about potentially tearing down an Olympic stadium that a shitload of taxes went into. He was basically saying to them all if you won't let me build one in Stratford then fucking help me build one in Tottenham. He had tried N17 plans before and they kept putting them down the shitter. His hands were tied so he tied the hands that tied him.

A few things that still piss me off about Levy though are his "next level" pleas to fans in order to get them to accept pricing and membership increases with the embarrassing DVDs despite his sacking of Jol and long-term investments not actually working. Honestly if we hadn't won the Carling Cup under Ramos I think quite a few would've called for Levy's head. Levy's manager appointments for short-term fixes and to keep us out of disaster have been better than the ones that were supposed to take us to the "next level".

However, looking around at the rest of the Premier League and where we have come since Sugar's appointment, it all somehow worked out prettyyy, prettyyy good...

This is the best end to the season I've ever looked forward to as a Spurs fan. The manager appointment at the end of it all makes it even more exciting. There is a high probability of us finishing third, being the best team in London and winning the FA Cup, all whilst keeping the books balanced. I'm sure we'll fuck it up somehow by appointing Avram Grant before the Chelsea semi-final, but Levy has always continued the excitement and mystery of Tottenham.

Not many other clubs can go from doomed to the best footballing side in the country in such short periods of time consistently and still stay afloat.

He has his flaws but all in all i think he is the right man on the right place , he knows how to deal with sharks being a whale shark himself and he likes a bit of strategy gaming. He is all about the money and that's fine by me , football these days is run by the suits and if it takes a shrewd suit to rule them all , than that's just what he does.

In the words of LOTR one Levy to rule them all ...

I actually think the bloke's a legend.

Yes, he's fucked up a couple of times (mainly what he did to Jol), but he's learnt from his mistakes.

We can all think of replacements for most of players and our manager, but can anyone name a better chairman?

Back
Top Bottom