BELIEVE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whereas I thought of The Batchelors ................generation gap

The Batchelors? :sonhmm:

DfwXQkYXkAETTq2.jpg

:sonpoint::dierpochhug:

Has any team ever won the league after suffering such a humiliating defeat against a team that narrowly escaped relegation last season? Granted you would have to be a fool to write off City or Pools chances to win the league this season, but i think one of the reasons Pool done so well last season is they got lucky with Injuries, did VVD even miss a game last season? Surely they cant get so lucky again?
Apart from Alisson who was out for 2 months last season, they haven't had any long term injuries to their most important players in almost 3 years now. Players like TAA, Van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, Mane and Firmino seem to play every single game in both PL and CL. Only their CMs tend to get injured (even then Henderson and Wijnaldum play like 90% of all games) but they have around 7-8 similar players for those 3 positions. They barely had any depth for their fullbacks and wide forwards in that period as well. A couple of injuries would've devastated their season.

This Tottenham side is good enough to win the league. They won’t win the league but it won’t be because they can’t. Most of my life I have supported a Spurs side that can’t win the league.
Damn right! Winning the league is down to VAR

Another performance to be banked into this thread. For all their possession Woolwich managed 2 shots on target. Less than what we managed with 3, amazing given we had a xG of 0 that second half. They didn't really look threatening.
Defensively assured, would be even more impressive if we can pull it off against Liverpool.

I can see people in the match threads starting to be won over by the approach we are taking. It might not work every game but so far it's keeping us at the top of the table and that's all I ask for.

Been wanting us for years to be more streetwise and gritty. Starting to see that now.

Onwards we march....

Back
Top Bottom