Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So so.
Ndombele has still been shite though and is still fat.
If Ben Davies was brilliant, Ndombele would still be fat.
If Ben Davies was rubbish, Ndombele would still be fat.
If Dier scores a scissor kick in the top corner, Ndombele will still be fat.

I agree there, he's been so so. Before the Own Goal I thought he was playing great too. Made some mistakes, made some good plays. Not much going forward from what I can remember but that doesn't appear to be his role right now. I feel allot more confident with Davies at LB then anyone else we have available (or Rose).

He was really poor today.

On top of that 55% pass completion performance last week, I think it's time for Tanganga to be back at left back for the time being.

So so.
Ndombele has still been shite though and is still fat.
If Ben Davies was brilliant, Ndombele would still be fat.
If Ben Davies was rubbish, Ndombele would still be fat.
If Dier scores a scissor kick in the top corner, Ndombele will still be fat.
Well then, at least there's one thing consistent we can rely on.

If we could find the RB version of Benny the Second, I would be very happy.
Imagine for a moment if Davies was tasked with attacking and trying to defend what his performance would be like? After all, this is what the chap is tasked with on the other side.

I think Davies is a solid player, did brilliantly for us covering Rose's injury with no rotation. And can is great if we adopt a three-man defence.

But his remit is not the same as Aurier's, Davies isn't allowed to cross the halfway line.

Danny Rose the player is much better than Davies.

But Danny Rose the sulking, don't give a F, malcontent is much worse.

Considering the second player is all we got recently and all we are likely to get then Davies is the better option right now but Rose is and was a much, much better footballer when he cared.

You're massively confusing much better with a little bit quicker IMO, as a pure footballer Davies is much better, he just doesn't have enough pace to be a constant attacking threat. Rose had a bit of pace about him to look a threat, but not the footballing ability to actually BE a threat, hence his output ultimately never being any greater than Davies' despite appearing to be more attacking.

His pace was overstated as well tbf, by association with Walker.

Davies does nothing better than Rose and a lot of things much worse.

I am not saying the Rose is great, he certainly is not and I am glad he is gone but Davies is a Championship level talent. I don't mind having him on the team for depth as a 3 LB and emergency CB and a guy that can play in early round League Cup matches or dead rubbers in Europe because he seems like a nice guy but having him playing in EPL games shows the real lack of talent we have on our squad now.

I'm talking when the rest of the team was otherwise settled (i think you know this!).... The direct comparison is there to be made during our peak period. No need look further...... Ben played as much as Rose during said period. Our peformance levels and defensive stats did not drop during said period.

We've spent the last 2 years with a dysfunctional midfield and 2 long term injuries to Kane.
Davies is an average player who’s been average to ok on occasion throughout his entire Spurs career. One decent performance vs nearly relegated Hammers won’t change my mind. You disagree - fair dos, fella

Back
Top Bottom