Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier does have a decent left peg on him.

I'm all for giving youth their chances, but neither Lavinier nor Cirkin are ideal. ML I take it is a RB who has had a few at LB (do we know how he's played at LB by the way?). Cirkin with lack of game time even at U19 levels.

Do you remember one of the Harry seasons when we ran out of RBs and Benny A-E had to fill in? So one-footed!!

Lavenier seems to be good at both RB and LB, obviously restricted viewing this season, but Chelsea youth seemed to think he had been decent at both RB and LB whilst with them.

Cirkin has played 4 u23 games since coming back so should be 'match fit'

Just a question of whether coaching staff think it better to play Aurier, Doherty or either youngster if Reguilon cannot play all remaining matches.

If its a question of last 20 minutes in a match (and we are winning ) to rest Reguilon, I'd hope Mourhino considers the youngsters

I don't recall that incident, so much as one where Harry swore we didn't have any fit RB's ignoring E u21 Adam Smith (RB/LB) who had been on the bench after being recalled early from a loan !

Davies is the definition of average. Look up average in the dictionary and it will read "Benjamin Thomas Davies" next to it. I wouldn't mind him if he was simply a back-up player. But he's started far too many games for us than what would be ideal since he joined.

Davies is the definition of average. Look up average in the dictionary and it will read "Benjamin Thomas Davies" next to it. I wouldn't mind him if he was simply a back-up player. But he's started far too many games for us than what would be ideal since he joined.
At the same time. It's not his fault that he is on average healthier and available for more games than the guys that he has had to play backup for.

At the same time. It's not his fault that he is on average healthier and available for more games than the guys that he has had to play backup for.

Yeah. He's never picked himself. More often than not he's not let us down either. But he would be someone I'd be looking to move on now. Being British, and what, 27 or 28, he should fetch a decent enough price from a bog standard Premier League side.

Yeah. He's never picked himself. More often than not he's not let us down either. But he would be someone I'd be looking to move on now. Being British, and what, 27 or 28, he should fetch a decent enough price from a bog standard Premier League side.
At the moment I would probably hold off on selling him in favour on focusing on moving on the supposed trouble makers that Hugo alluded to. If a good enough offer came in I would listen but otherwise I would focus on removing problem elements and maybe switching out some of our foreign players. And maybe look more seriously at moving Ben on next summer.

Lavenier seems to be good at both RB and LB, obviously restricted viewing this season, but Chelsea youth seemed to think he had been decent at both RB and LB whilst with them.

Cirkin has played 4 u23 games since coming back so should be 'match fit'

Just a question of whether coaching staff think it better to play Aurier, Doherty or either youngster if Reguilon cannot play all remaining matches.

If its a question of last 20 minutes in a match (and we are winning ) to rest Reguilon, I'd hope Mourhino considers the youngsters

I don't recall that incident, so much as one where Harry swore we didn't have any fit RB's ignoring E u21 Adam Smith (RB/LB) who had been on the bench after being recalled early from a loan !

Is Lavenier both footed or something? How can he play great at both RB and LB?

Thing with all our average defenders, is that in isolation, they can be a useful backup.
But in too many games, more than 1 of them plays. And when that happens, we're in trouble.

If we had a top RB, 2 top CB's then Davies at LB isn't the end of the world.
But when you have Doherty at RB and either or both of Dier and Sanchez at CB, we're going to get utterly swarmed AND offer nothing going forward.

He is a squad player that wont moan, he has his days when he plays well and sometimes he can be slow /awful, but you have to remember where we are as a team right now, worth keeping as back up or in a back 3.
Poch described him as one of the smartest players in the team, both in regards to football and outside of it. He has his physical limitations that will keep him from being world class but he has carved out a good career for himself at a high level.

I will be interested in seeing him transition into coaching once he retires. I think he could be one of those guys that make that transition easily.

We have too many guys to move so probably have to keep him and as a 3rd choice LB or 6th choice CB in a back 3 it might be ok so long as he never gets a single minute in a PL game again.

He seems like he won't whine so better than some options to sit on the bench, but not close to good enough to play even as a back-up in the PL.

Poch described him as one of the smartest players in the team, both in regards to football and outside of it. He has his physical limitations that will keep him from being world class but he has carved out a good career for himself at a high level.

I will be interested in seeing him transition into coaching once he retires. I think he could be one of those guys that make that transition easily.

This is a veiled shout for him as our new manager isn't it...? :llorishowudoin:

If my math is right Ben has 59 European games for Spurs. Kane for comparison has 63. And I've included Europa League qualifiers in that count (Ben has 4 EL qualifiers, Kane has 3).

EDIT: 52 for Spurs as pointed out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom