Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That post above yours and the person i replied to didnt seem to think so either.

Why would a player who's been at CB all season be on a chart plotting the most dangerous WBs?

From there I'm also left wondering (not wondering) why you'd be criticising one of our CBs for not being a big enough goal threat?

Why would a player who's been at CB all season be on a chart plotting the most dangerous WBs?

From there I'm also left wondering (not wondering) why you'd be criticising one of our CBs for not being a big enough goal threat?
You have obviously read it wrong if you think i was critizing davies for not being a goal threat.

Was excellent yesterday bar the mistake when bottlejob PEH gave him a hospitable ball rather than taking responsibility

Left sided centre back is not a priority for me

I hear you. But but Bastoni
We need another centre back for sure but I honestly don’t think it has to be a left sided player…. I’m sure Romero could play there, ditto Dier. Both have good feet

Focus energy and money on the wing backs who are appalling, then CM to get PEH down to 4th choice then CB

Great performance from Davies today. MOTM or thereabouts. He's a good player in Conte's system, as he gives that option of comfortably switching from LCB to LB
He's good in these sorts of low block games, and tbf, he's decent moving forward too, but he's got to return to his position on the bench.

He should be a high quality backup, not a low quality starter.

He's good in these sorts of low block games, and tbf, he's decent moving forward too, but he's got to return to his position on the bench.

He should be a high quality backup, not a low quality starter.

I agree... BUT peeps must remember that - like many players - he grows in consistency and plays better with consistent game time.

Same as PEH, Sanchez, Winks, Dier etc. etc. it'll be another case of "He should be a back up" only for the same people to whinge when he does play; moaning that "he shouldn't start games".

Cracking performance tonight.... Coulda been a hero too with his chance in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
were not worthy waynes world GIF

Thought he was brilliant especially 2nd half, still need a starting LCB but he's a very good backup option

Indeed we do; but in doing so we must accept that Ben's level will drop somewhat due to less consistent game-time.

We saw the same diff. between him being our regular WB during 16-18 and him being in and out of the team before and after.

.....Another reason why European football is good to keep players in 'the zone'.

Back
Top Bottom