Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know most, if not all, of us have been advocating for a new LCB ... but whoever comes in will have a hard time ousting Davies; as he's been a "revelation" this season as an LCB and he keeps on getting better.
Plus, he's a very likable character.
Maybe...

The amount of shit I've given this guy - when he absolutely deserved it tbf - and he turns out to be one of our mvps.

All he needed was LCB and Conte.

Just shows that some players need things very finely tuned to get the best out of them.

Last edited:
I know most, if not all, of us have been advocating for a new LCB ... but whoever comes in will have a hard time ousting Davies; as he's been a "revelation" this season as an LCB and he keeps on getting better.
Plus, he's a very likable character.
Maybe...
We need a quality player that can play at least to the same standard and who will take over as Ben fades out in the next couple of years.

I’ve given him sht before too but definitely been excellent in his current role. I still think we could use an upgrade for aerial ability and allow Davies to be a utility player for us. Our current back 3 is good but I think a big drop off after. Sanchez looked shaky today.

He did early before we got the penalty and they got the red card. Especially on the ball where it’s a noticeable difference from Romero. After the red card sure because Woolwich didn’t do much of anything.

Comparisons to Romero are irrelevant, but:

+ Key pass for the 3rd goal.

BD if played in the correct position in the correct system (for him) will very rarely let you down. What did he cost? A joke amount for how much we get out of him. But if anyone is stupid enough to stick him LB up against a speed merchant on a big pitch then the result is on them, not him.

Sensible bloke, not a big time Charlie. Would prob make a good coach. I'd quite like to see how he'd get on with the yoof, he's a player who has got where he is through hard work and doing the right things. Certainly wasn't born with the ability to waltz past 10 oppo players and then get smashed in the pub afterwards.

The Ben Davies rebirth is one of my favourite storylines in the never ending Spurs Story.

Of course, I'm biased because I'm Welsh, but he's stood up in the last two matches against Woolwich and Dippers.

I know he'll be upgraded in the summer but he's going to be an immense deputy for the Premier League \ CL (if we make it) and a solid first choice for cup matches (including Europa if that's where we end up).

The Ben Davies rebirth is one of my favourite storylines in the never ending Spurs Story.

Of course, I'm biased because I'm Welsh, but he's stood up in the last two matches against Woolwich and Dippers.

I know he'll be upgraded in the summer but he's going to be an immense deputy for the Premier League \ CL (if we make it) and a solid first choice for cup matches (including Europa if that's where we end up).
As a fellow Welsh YID it has been brilliant to see this , he's a LCB for us for international duty and i've always wondered why no one has tried him in this position. Great to see rodon get some minutes also last night , when we lost romero before the game I was dreading it , what a solid defensive performance.

Another thought on BD - he picked up a very early yellow last night. Rightly, a professional foul (the sort I'd like to see punished in future with a 10-20 min sin bin, but that's another debate). From then on he didn't commit a single foul that could be deemed anything near a 2nd yellow.

BD if played in the correct position in the correct system (for him) will very rarely let you down. What did he cost? A joke amount for how much we get out of him. But if anyone is stupid enough to stick him LB up against a speed merchant on a big pitch then the result is on them, not him.

Sensible bloke, not a big time Charlie. Would prob make a good coach. I'd quite like to see how he'd get on with the yoof, he's a player who has got where he is through hard work and doing the right things. Certainly wasn't born with the ability to waltz past 10 oppo players and then get smashed in the pub afterwards.
He was part of the Gylfi deal right so not much at all.

And I agree on him probably being a good coach. Either that or a director. He's already the president of a cricket club and just got a degree in business management. He definitely has a future in football once the boots come off.

Back
Top Bottom