Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was part of the Gylfi deal right so not much at all.

And I agree on him probably being a good coach. Either that or a director. He's already the president of a cricket club and just got a degree in business management. He definitely has a future in football once the boots come off.
Cheers, I wasn't aware of either.

From Wiki - degree from the OU (he and I have something in common then apart from a love of Spurs lol).

What's the Cricket club? In the old days you'd occasionally get a pro footballer who'd play County cricket (Chris Balderstone of Carlisle and Leicester; and apparently the Neville bros were very good cricketers too). Nowadays I bet they're not allowed by contract in case of injury, and I see the point. They can wait till they retire to enjoy themselves, they get paid enough!!

Cheers, I wasn't aware of either.

From Wiki - degree from the OU (he and I have something in common then apart from a love of Spurs lol).

What's the Cricket club? In the old days you'd occasionally get a pro footballer who'd play County cricket (Chris Balderstone of Carlisle and Leicester; and apparently the Neville bros were very good cricketers too). Nowadays I bet they're not allowed by contract in case of injury, and I see the point. They can wait till they retire to enjoy themselves, they get paid enough!!
Ben is apparently president of Ynysygerwn sports & social club. Which has both a cricket and a football section. His dad is the chairman.

Another thought on BD - he picked up a very early yellow last night. Rightly, a professional foul (the sort I'd like to see punished in future with a 10-20 min sin bin, but that's another debate). From then on he didn't commit a single foul that could be deemed anything near a 2nd yellow.
And that right there explains why he won't be moved on in the summer.

Experience, cool headed, calmness and ability.

Compare that to Holding's performance.
He shit himself everytime Sonny git the ball.

Thinking back to the game - in the 2nd half there was a great chance for them to score, a run down our right, ball bobbling around, sitting up nicely for a volley about 8 yds out, I'm sure it was BD who threw himself at it and belted into row zed

Young Benazir has been really good the last few weeks and outstanding in the last two games. Anyone suggesting he should be sold is off it. He can cover wb position at a push and is perfect as left cb on Contes system.

I still think we should sign a cb to complete with current 3 as the likes of Sanchez/Rodon are a big step down at the moment.

He will stay and rightly so. We should be looking for a player who can compete with him for the LCB role but finding an obvious upgrade on Ben is not simple. He has had an excellent season. Not many players will be able to do better than he has.

Always had a ton of time for Ben. Firstly, he just seems to be a decent bloke.
always gives his best, which when part of a back 3, is pretty good.
never seen him hide and often puts his body on the line.
seems well liked by other members of the squad and never has a tantrum when not in favour.
would like him to stay and be part of a, hopefully, glorious next few years for us.

He deserves to stay, very good season so far. But that Ball with Saka illuminated his weakness. All players make mistakes and I can accept that but it would be a different match. That’s why he is upgradable to me.

Made a massive block, but how the hell do you let yourself get muscled off the ball by Saka in your own third? That was so dangerous for no reason.

The match vs Antwerp was 2 years ago I'm pretty sure, 3 years max.

Right but we signed him 8 years ago so if this has allegedly happened twice since he's been at the club it's hardly something that is constant.

It's like saying Son has a discipline problem seeing as he's seen red 3 times since he's been with us, shit happens sometimes.

Last edited:

Last season we had 12 PL clean sheets, this season we already have 15, with good probability of a 16th.

Would equal the 16/17 season, when we were last a proper team in the PL. Davies has been instrumental in this.

Back
Top Bottom