Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not a favourite of mine but gives 100%, doesn’t cause any problems and maybe Poch sees him as a replacement for Toby

He should have the surgery now though so he can be ready for the start of the season
Fuck the Euro qualifiers

We have 2 excellent LBs.... What's not to like.

Meh, I'd say we have a solid LB and a fair LB. It's still a position we need to improve on if we want to have genuine title ambitions. The strengths of our team last year were at CB, forward, winger, attacking midfielder. RB, DM, and CM were our weakest points. LB fell somewhere in the middle, but I'd argue closer to the weak end than the strong end.

Meh, I'd say we have a solid LB and a fair LB. It's still a position we need to improve on if we want to have genuine title ambitions. The strengths of our team last year were at CB, forward, winger, attacking midfielder. RB, DM, and CM were our weakest points. LB fell somewhere in the middle, but I'd argue closer to the weak end than the strong end.

Yes, but as I already noted, you're propping that opinion up with a myth countered by more than a full season of hard evidence.

Could we get even better LBs? Sure... But it's a low priority.

Yes, but as I already noted, you're propping that opinion up with a myth countered by more than a full season of hard evidence.

Could we get even better LBs? Sure... But it's a low priority.

I remember that year. He was very good. But he hasn't even hinted at replicating that form since.

Quite happy to hear that he's signed a new contract. He's a good second teamer at a position we need to rotate a lot.

Silly to talk about him being preferred to Rose though. Maybe against minnows at home where we know the opposition will park the bus. Davies puts in a better cross than Rose does. But in a match where a player is required to both attack AND defend, Davies just doesn't have the ability to get up and down the field enough to do both effectively, so he ends up falling out of our attack altogether. He's certainly a solid enough defender but so is Danny.

Value for money he's been an excellent signing. Never in the spotlight, never in the papers and never causes a fuss. I listened to the interview he gave after signing and he said he was really happy to get to sign for five years and that he's been working hardto get this extension. I love that he has wanted it and worked for it that does all the right kind of things to me as a Spurs fan.

Sensible extension and a very reliable member of the squad. Good call Poch

I remember that year. He was very good. But he hasn't even hinted at replicating that form since.

Primarily, cos he was phased back out for Rose despite his Ben's performance levels not deserving it (we've seen Poch do this with Sanchez and Wimmer in the past too).

The fact that we didn't miss peak Rose should speak volumes given how highly most rate Rose....

Sure I've got the proverbial bee in my bonnet about this, but there is a disconnect between the evidence and typical opinion when it comes to Ben (which I suspect is largely due to his understated personality and approach to the role)....

It is also worth noting that Ben played most of the recent season with a hernia. Seemingly putting off surgery since we were already paper thin due to injuries.

Playing with a hernia certainly explains him having less games and not producing to the levels of 2 seasons ago.

Value for money he's been an excellent signing. Never in the spotlight, never in the papers and never causes a fuss. I listened to the interview he gave after signing and he said he was really happy to get to sign for five years and that he's been working hardto get this extension. I love that he has wanted it and worked for it that does all the right kind of things to me as a Spurs fan.

Sensible extension and a very reliable member of the squad. Good call Poch
Dennis Irwin type player possibly undervalued by fans but appreciated by management! As said does his job no fuss no paper talk gets on with it. Wonder if this has a knock on affect of the “possible “ Sessegnon deal.

Dennis Irwin type player possibly undervalued by fans but appreciated by management! As said does his job no fuss no paper talk gets on with it. Wonder if this has a knock on affect of the “possible “ Sessegnon deal.
I think the club is thinking about continuity. Sessegnon would not be for now if he comes, he would be for 2 years from now.
Foyth, Sanchez, Clarke ... same story. Put in place a core group that can seamlessly take over as the current first team fade out.

I think the club is thinking about continuity. Sessegnon would not be for now if he comes, he would be for 2 years from now.
Foyth, Sanchez, Clarke ... same story. Put in place a core group that can seamlessly take over as the current first team fade out.

I'm all for bringing in youth and letting them develop. But when we're talking about Sessegnon, I think the bigger question is: is he really a LB?

Anyone seen any further detail about Ben's comeback?

...If all goes as expected we'd be wanting him to start against Villa in a couple of weeks.

Anyone seen any further detail about Ben's comeback?

...If all goes as expected we'd be wanting him to start against Villa in a couple of weeks.
Been training at Hotspur way. You’d think he should be rejoining the main group now they are back from the tour.

Really need him to get some game minutes under his belt in the Audi cup

Bleedin foreigner....

Remember a video from a few seasons ago during pre-season. Ben, Dier, Dele, and I think someone else were talking about how good they get along together and how they love that they're the English core of the team. Ben gives them this look :pochserious2: and goes, "I'm not English."

:pochlol:

EJgTkqyWwAEtbMt.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom