Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're not this dumb disingenuous surely?

Your FULL comments on the matter:

"Drink driving - let the police and the courts deal with that

Wanting to leave - if he's a good player, I would be disappointed but would only really, really resent him for it if he went to Woolwich

Couldn't jump properly - then it wouldn't bother me at all if he wanted to leave."

Yes...

And?

Where am I bending over backwards to excuse him??

I said the police should deal with drink driving.

And why?

Because it's a criminal offence.
Do you think the police should not get involved when a crime has been committed??Just stay out of it altogether, perhaps?

I said I would be disappointed if ANY good player wanted to leave the club but wouldn't resent them for it unless they went to Woolwich.

That's a general point, not just about one particular player, and not an unreasonable one either.

I said if a player can't jump then I wouldn't be bothered if he wanted to leave.
And that's because if he can't jump then he wouldn't be very good, would he?

If you somehow think that is me bending over backwards every step of the way to excuse Hugo Lloris then you're a moron.

ffs sake he just made a comment, that he probably didn't give much thought to.

Get over it you moron

It's not a question of getting over it.

I gave my opinion on what Davies said in my original post and the only reason I'm still discussing this is because I keep getting messages about it from morons like you who can't get over it.

He was good against West Ham and it was a very interesting tactical tweak that Mou used.

Under Poch we would shift to a back 3 when in possession with our two full backs pushed high up and one of our midfielders making up the 3, but in this game we had Davies stay back and make the 3 with Aurier going forward and Dier and Winks holding the central position. Worked much better because it gave less defensive responsibility to Aurier and more to Davies without making us light in the centre.

For the first hour until we got knackered it worked perfectly, we had the game completely under control.

Constantly out of position. One footed. Bad crosses. No arial ability. No strenght to speak of. Going forward like chickens without there head on.I struggle to understand how two so limited players find themselves in contention for a champions league team. One that went all the way last year. If anything there is some sort of misunderstood sentimentality involving these two.If i was the boss they would been released on what was and perhaps still is called a free transfer.

Last edited:
Constantly out of position. One footed. Bad crosses. No arial ability. No strenght to speak of. Going forward like chickens without there head on.I struggle to understand how two so limited players find themselves in contention for a champions league team. One that went all the way last year. If anything there is some sort of misunderstood sentimentality involving these two.I i was the boss they would been released on what was and perhaps still is called a free transfer.

Not sure how sentimentality is meant to be keeping Davies in a job....

- Poch dropped him despite having a cracking 18 months as #1.
- The average fan doesn't rate him.

...Yet, JM picked him ahead of DR as soon as he arrived. He played well and we went to shit when he went off in that game.

Davies is dreadfully under-rated. Shame is that at his age, if Poch hadn't dropped him he'd have continued to improve further....

Back
Top Bottom