Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here we go.

A mistake (disappointingly) and he's bang average, shit, not good enough.

You're only as good as your last game in modern football right?

Fuck me, it was only the weekend when Lloris was getting pelters and tonight he was a 'hero'

Opinions change on Sanchez every week too. Embarrassing.

THIS.

......Too many fickle cunts that think they're scouts.

Funny thing is, if quized, most football fans would admit to watching their team whilst 'on the beer'.

He ballsed up with the penalty,it was a clumsy challenge,rather than out and out dirty.But that's what defenders run the risk of,it goes with their job.
Glad he is back and our defence is certainly better with him in it.

Not saying he is bad player or trying to say anything about his overall ability.

But this decision was inexcusably stupid. Not clumsy. Straight up stupid. And situation was caused by his own passive positioning as well.

Hope he does not dwell on this, but that he would learn at the same time. And I hope his next game will be better.

Disagree. Rose would never have done that. Danny very, very rarely made such a stupid challenge in the box, even after he regressed. Danny did put his hands out occasionally but that's more of a reflex to sliding along the ground to keep balance. Didn't Davies also give away a similar pen against Juve a couple of years ago?

Hard for Danny to make a stupid tackle in the box when he was barely ever in that area of the pitch. Usually he was trotting back from the left wing when we were defending!

He ballsed up with the penalty,it was a clumsy challenge,rather than out and out dirty.But that's what defenders run the risk of,it goes with their job.

And watching the penalty again Hugo was inches away from saving it

Not saying he is bad player or trying to say anything about his overall ability.

But this decision was inexcusably stupid. Not clumsy. Straight up stupid. And situation was caused by his own passive positioning as well.

Hope he does not dwell on this, but that he would learn at the same time. And I hope his next game will be better.
His position was the real culprit here

he’s got previous for some crazy stonewall pens

juve was it ?

decent player but needs games to get his rhythm

I guess I rate him, but two years ago he did the exact same thing against Juve. Ball over the top into the area and he wildly high kicked a Juve player in the leg. Its the one situation he has a problem judging.

I don't think he's good enough to start big games as a LB.
He made a mistake but it's not all his fault. When under that amount of pressure something is going to give.
I'm more disappointed by the team tactics until 1-0. The period when Tanguy came on gives some hope.

1-0 not the worst result. I would have been ecstatic with so can't complain too much. Still in the tie.

He made a mistake but it's not all his fault. When under that amount of pressure something is going to give.
I'm more disappointed by the team tactics until 1-0. The period when Tanguy came on gives some hope.

1-0 not the worst result. I would have been ecstatic with so can't complain too much. Still in the tie.
He made a mistake. Clearly it was his fault

Agree. Our soft defensive play allowed space for balls to come in. Puts pressure on our defenders.

Seriously. It was mixed martial arts. Not clumsy just not. Davies is not good enough end of.

My point is that it's not all his fault that he was put into the situation to make such a mistake.
Because of pressure ?

I know what you’re saying ... when a system is under stress it’s likely to fail ... somewhere

and I get your point and you can argue Ben was unfairly overloaded

but the whole back 4 even back 6 were overloaded and it was Ben that cracked

it was a bad mistake and he’s culpable

I watched athletico Madrid withstand far more from (unfortunately) a superior team and each member kept their nerve and focus

that’s what it takes

Ben, admittedly under trying circumstances, fucked up

Back
Top Bottom