Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A real professional too, when he wasn't starting he buckled down and worked hard. Has rightfully earned himself a place in the starting 11. Actually thought the Chelsea game this sunday was one of his poorer performances, at least defensively. He gave way too much space to Moses in a lot of situations
He was left on his own quite a bit with Moses due to Verthongen staying in the center of the pitch. He looked better in the second half when he didn't go forward as much. Same with Trippier on the right.

He must've worked so hard and I'd imagine took on board all the coaching from Poch

And maybe it's just from increased fitness levels but he's definitely gained a yard of pace from those early days
Agree - making the right decisions, reading the game better-anticipating where to be, can give you that extra yard. Fitness goes without a doubt under Poch.

"There is competition for places everywhere but everyone wants the best for the Club," said Ben.

"Whoever is on the pitch for a particular game, it’s about supporting them and wanting the best for the team.

"You saw Harry on the bench when we scored the second goal at Chelsea, a huge goal and it was as if he’d scored the goal himself. I’m sure he was devastated he couldn’t start a game like that but that’s irrelevant when the whistle goes at the start of the game because it’s about Tottenham Hotspur, not the names on the teamsheet, but winning the game for the Club, no matter who is there".

"We all want the best for this Club as does everyone involved and if you are not on the pitch or on the bench and not playing, it doesn’t matter, because every player is there every day and as much part of the team as the players who play most weeks. Without them, it doesn’t work, we don’t have the same training, the same intensity and that’s the feeling we have throughout the squad. That’s been huge this season.

"Everyone is settled and that shows on the pitch in our performances - everyone wants the best for this Club.

"The emotions at Chelsea when we scored the goals, after the game, that was real. This is our team. This is what we want to do. It’s one Club, players, staff, fans and everyone has one goal and that’s to push us forward and wins like that make it feel all the more special."

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg

They mentioned this on the pod, but I didn't realise the full extent of his quotes.
Wow. I loved him before, but damn Ben.. what an amazing quote and insight to our team. Brilliant.
giphy.gif

Biggest improvement is his aggression this season, I think we all forgot we got him as a 21 year old starting left back who all teams were looking at, imo will continue to get better, 6 assists and 2 goals is a great return.

Looked to be tiring out the last few months playing so often for us.

The goal against Huddersfield was an absolute beauty.

Ben Davies is a better player than Danny Rose currently and he is even more certainly not Danny's back up.
Glad you included the word currently. Makes your sentence at least credible. However in our most current match, which I had the good fortune to attend, Danny put in a fucking awesome performance in the 5-4 win v Leicester. And you can't get much more current than that. But hey, I dont want an argument to start the week off. Davies is a good player and has served the club well.
I hope he stays. Just don't think he's good enough to be our long term first choice

Glad you included the word currently. Makes your sentence at least credible. However in our most current match, which I had the good fortune to attend, Danny put in a fucking awesome performance in the 5-4 win v Leicester. And you can't get much more current than that. But hey, I dont want an argument to start the week off. Davies is a good player and has served the club well.
I hope he stays. Just don't think he's good enough to be our long term first choice
I put currently in the post before that.

It doesn't have to be credible to you, it's a fact. Ben Davies is not Danny Rose's backup.

Oh, well done Danny Rose. You were awesome as part of a defence that conceded 4. Bravo, fucking awesome.

As for it being the most recent game, does that mean Trippier and Aurier are backup to KWP? Or Dele is back up to Moura?

You don't want to argue to start the week off? Then don't make an issue out of me trying to commend and congratulate one of our players.

It's a matter of what you prefer in your players. Danny at his peak is a physical powerhouse that can bomb up and down the flank, and thus saves himself when he gets caught up high by the opposition. But a downside is that Danny has a tendency to also nullify our offensive player out on the left since he doesn't leave them enough space to operate.

Ben is not as pacy (but he has improved in that along with his tackling and overall physical play. Was a beast this season when required), but works around that by being a better reader of the game. He hugs the line and moves to where he has to be before he has to be there. Starts runs early but generally tends to not move as far forward as Danny, giving our attacking player on the left more space (It is not a stretch that Son tends to have better games when playing in front of Ben than Danny). And when Ben moves forward he tends to cut inside and breaking through defenses.

Danny is more a wingback and Ben is more a all around fullback.

Darling Danny has done fuck all in a Spurs shirt for nigh on two years.

Right now BD is the better player. Full stop. No dressing required.

Fair enough. I respect your high opinion of him. As I said I have a high opinion of him myself. Maybe I chose the wrong post to reply to and express my doubts over his suitability as a long term first choice. I guess I'm not as sentimental as you and I suppose the point I was trying to make was I'd rather have nasty disgusting cunts playing for us than real nice model proffessionals if it means the difference to becoming winners rather than bridesmaids.
No offence intended.

John, everybody knows your position.... You post the same shit over and over and over regardless of any evidence or credible counter opinion presented to you..

You're like a shit meme that just won't die!

Yup... Me disagreeing with your cyclical shite genuinely means i'm on a 'disagree' spree.

"vile insults"... Whatever.

Deluded fool.
You know what, this was a sensible, civilised debate till you showed up. No vitriol, no cunt offs. Just sensible people talking about the merits and praising the professionalism of Ben Davies.
Airfixx Airfixx the thread destroyer strikes once more

Does Ben have a song? Seems a shame Danny Rose still gets a song chanted for him yet Ben doesn't.

Definitely should have one, if only he had just a little more pace about him he would be a world class full back. That said he should be starting the majority of games for us unless his opposite number can our pace and out muscle him. Rose has a lot to prove to get him back as LB number 1 for me. Good to have strong competition.

Back
Top Bottom