Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was good against West Ham and it was a very interesting tactical tweak that Mou used.

Under Poch we would shift to a back 3 when in possession with our two full backs pushed high up and one of our midfielders making up the 3, but in this game we had Davies stay back and make the 3 with Aurier going forward and Dier and Winks holding the central position. Worked much better because it gave less defensive responsibility to Aurier and more to Davies without making us light in the centre.

For the first hour until we got knackered it worked perfectly, we had the game completely under control.

Constantly out of position. One footed. Bad crosses. No arial ability. No strenght to speak of. Going forward like chickens without there head on.I struggle to understand how two so limited players find themselves in contention for a champions league team. One that went all the way last year. If anything there is some sort of misunderstood sentimentality involving these two.If i was the boss they would been released on what was and perhaps still is called a free transfer.

Last edited:
Gutted for Davies, was treated like shit to be honest and now this

Never understood what anyone saw in Rose since the injury and google-gate

To slag off Trippier but think Rose has performed WTF?
Rose has underperformed for years. Ability is there but his heart isn’t.
Story of our lives since 2017

Problem with Rose is that he has the ability. Athletic, quick and makes crucial interceptions in defence.

However, he is prone to making errors in the wrong part of the field. His lack of discipline makes him a risk to our defence as we can be sure he will make at least 1 or 2 errors during a game.

Now, if he was delivering at the other end of the pitch, all could be forgiven; but with his lack of attacking play he seems to not offer enough.

Davies on the other hand has more discipline in defence. You won't see him make any errors but you are also less likey to see those super athletic recoveries.

Interested to see how Sess looks.

Flown out to Qatar for surgery and expected to be out 2-3 months (in addition to the time already spent on the sidelines).

In this case I'd rather have Sessegnon (even though it might not be his best position) as an alternative to Jan as LB. Rose is past it and also has no future with us.

That was my gripe too. There's no way I can see him playing week in week out as a LB, so we also need an alternative. If Sessegnon isn't the one (I trust Mourinho's judgment), then yes, we're stuck with Rose there.

The problem is I just see him running his contract down, so we'd need to bring in a new LB without relying on the funds from selling him.

We're getting fuck all for Rose either way.... Just about wages and squad spots at this stage.

(Just wondering how long it takes before the Levy-haters chirp up with "Shoulda sold Rose years ago".... It feels inevitable if he's still here come August.)

I think Davies fits into a back 3 really well, in fact I think the times he has played there he has had a blinder
Yeah I agree, I know we have been quite poor when we have tried a back 3 recently but a lot of it is the personnel.

I think Sanchez / Toby / Davies could work, with a new RB and sess on the left. Not for all games but just as a back up formation.

Back
Top Bottom