Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies is so much more efficient going forward. Might not be as dynamic as Rose, but his positional awareness and passing is more over-thought than the game of Rose.

Last 8 games: 2 goals, 4 assists and a handful of created chances. Almost got another goal against BVB.
Davies is statistically better than Rose at attacking. Rose is better statistically at defending than Davies (this years stats should really be ignored until there are more games to aggregate).
Team Whispers: Tottenham (14.09.2017) | FWTV by Football Whispers - Dailymotion

It's valid. Davies has come a long ways. Makes me laugh a bit considering Rose has complained about lack of depth and squad strength, when he's been out for almost a year and the "second string" has performed ably in his absence.

It's valid. Davies has come a long ways. Makes me laugh a bit considering Rose has complained about lack of depth and squad strength, when he's been out for almost a year and the "second string" has performed ably in his absence.
With very little time to rest as well mind you.

Ben, for all his faults and his strengths has really put in a quality shift and grown as a player

I think its like this: Rose is going to have to be exceptional in training to force his way back into the team.

Full credit to Ben Davies, he is a model professional and is doing a great job for us.

I think its like this: Rose is going to have to be exceptional in training to force his way back into the team.

Full credit to Ben Davies, he is a model professional and is doing a great job for us.
I agree. I seems to me that Davies regards it as a privilege to play in this Spurs team, whilst Rose thinks Spurs are privileged to have him.

I think Davies has risen a level this season. A level that has made me feel like we should probably get rid of Rose and just bring in Sessegnon in all honesty.

I agree. I seems to me that Davies regards it as a privilege to play in this Spurs team, whilst Rose thinks Spurs are privileged to have him.

that's a good way of putting it, I agree it does look that way.
It's gonna be interesting what happens when he gets fit.
Or even before, that if Pochettino thinks Davies needs a rest, what option will he take...

Davies has clearly improved and made the most of his opportunity. Makes smart decisions moving forward - seems to make the opposing keeper make a save down low that ends in a deflection once every game now. Still has issues with pace, but his defensive awareness and positioning makes up for most of it.

I still think Rose is better for what this team wants to do, but Davies clearly is no longer a #2 backup, it's a 1A/1B situation similar to how Walker and Trippier were last season and how Trippier and Aurier will be this season.

Genuinely a top class left back. So intelligent with his runs, uses the ball well, rarely caught out of position. Just about checks all the Danny Rose boxes this days other than pure athleticism and I even question that given Rose's injury woes.

Genuinely a top class left back. So intelligent with his runs, uses the ball well, rarely caught out of position. Just about checks all the Danny Rose boxes this days other than pure athleticism and I even question that given Rose's injury woes.
The same as Rose his only weakness is defending in the air, their 2nd was his man (but Rose would have probably done the same).

Ben's improvement curve is amazing. He was a bit rusty today to start since he's been rested to handle his knock but got better as the game went. He's grown so much and is such a smart player, making up for not having Rose's overall athleticism by just playing smarter.

Used to feel a bit underwhelmed at seeing Ben's name on the team sheet. Now I'd be disappointed if he wasn't starting.
Turning in to a real class act. Fits into the team perfectly. Great respect for the guy the way he was happy to accept his place as back up and grasp his chance when it finally came. Great professional who seems to appreciate the honour of playing for a top club

Back
Top Bottom