Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet probably the same ilk spend the entire summer bleating about two players for every position, quality in depth and all that jazz.

Son/Lamela seem to suffer from a similar bunch of dickheads too.
These people also seem to not think that people can have different skillsets. Every player playing a position has to have the exact same set of skills and abilities. And speed is apparently the supreme one, if you're a speed demon you are apparently perfect (PAAAACE!).

Obviously trust the gaffer 100% but after Rose performance against Brighton, would have thought Davies for today.
Hit them on the counter & rose is much better at that than davies. I like davies & I'm pleased we have him & rose.
Also, it's a big vote of confidence for rose which I am glad to see. The longer we have those 2 rotating the better!
No david sliva....yay!

Hit them on the counter & rose is much better at that than davies. I like davies & I'm pleased we have him & rose.
Also, it's a big vote of confidence for rose which I am glad to see. The longer we have those 2 rotating the better!
No david sliva....yay!

The old Rose, yes totally agree, the Rose who played against Brighton? no
But I'm hoping he proves me wrong today, Poch knows what he is doing, let's hope Rose puts in a shift, as we all know how good he can be!

Wasn’t great going forward, but if we are relying on our left back for effective forward play when we’ve got Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Sissoko on the pitch, then we have had it.

Wasn’t great going forward, but if we are relying on our left back for effective forward play when we’ve got Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Sissoko on the pitch, then we have had it.

He was poor going forward but let’s face it he didn’t have much else to do

He just trundled forward hitting hopeful crosses to no one in particular or passing it backwards

Nice lad but not up to it

I much prefer Davies in the squad over Rose. Since he's been back, I feel like Rose has been forcing things, whereas Davies just anchors the back. When Davies plays, Son has way more space to express himself, whereas Rose constricts the space on the wing and the amount of time Son has on the ball

I much prefer Davies in the squad over Rose. Since he's been back, I feel like Rose has been forcing things, whereas Davies just anchors the back. When Davies plays, Son has way more space to express himself, whereas Rose constricts the space on the wing and the amount of time Son has on the ball
Honestly never really thought of it that way.

Good point made

Completely, he is much smarter than Rose too, didn't do too much going forward but I love his inside runs, creates space for others

He did well today. Davies isnt anywhere near is good as rose. If he was then Chelsea , Utd and Man City would want to sign him wouldn’t they.

People are just trying to convince themselves this so that when he goes it doesn’t mean as much.

Exactly the same with trippier and Walker.

He did well today. Davies isnt anywhere near is good as rose. If he was then Chelsea , Utd and Man City would want to sign him wouldn’t they.

People are just trying to convince themselves this so that when he goes it doesn’t mean as much.

Exactly the same with trippier and Walker.

Rose hasn't come back the same. Might be a blessing when it comes to keeping him this summer. If we can get the old Rose back I'd much rather him than Davies.

Davies is a fine left-back for us. Sure hes not perhaps the greatest attacking wing-back of all time, but hes more than solid- 2 goals this season so far plus solid attacking play- what more do you really want? His ability to credibly backstop Jan at LCB makes him an invaluable squad member at present.

Rose- I think hes made good progress since he returned, but still think hes playing to play himself out of the club in the summer. All good, is football and business after all, but I'm certain we'll be keeping Davies for the foreseeable future.

Poch is likely more concerned with Rose and his niggling injuries than Davies who is limited but capable and can turn out excellent performances.

Back
Top Bottom