Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A real professional too, when he wasn't starting he buckled down and worked hard. Has rightfully earned himself a place in the starting 11. Actually thought the Chelsea game this sunday was one of his poorer performances, at least defensively. He gave way too much space to Moses in a lot of situations

A real professional too, when he wasn't starting he buckled down and worked hard. Has rightfully earned himself a place in the starting 11. Actually thought the Chelsea game this sunday was one of his poorer performances, at least defensively. He gave way too much space to Moses in a lot of situations
He was left on his own quite a bit with Moses due to Verthongen staying in the center of the pitch. He looked better in the second half when he didn't go forward as much. Same with Trippier on the right.

He was left on his own quite a bit with Moses due to Verthongen staying in the center of the pitch. He looked better in the second half when he didn't go forward as much. Same with Trippier on the right.
and he had also been in china midweek for a welsh FA need some cash, bale contractually required to play blah blah beano

Don't want him

8mil for a homegrown left back who looks decent and is still young.

Seems a good deal.

I said a long old time ago we should be looking at Ben Davies, if we do sign him, he is going to be an excellent purchase.

Would very much like Ben Davies, get the deal done Baldini!

£12m is insane.

not if he develops into a top left back for the next 10 years or so

then it would be a steal

Never heard of him..
Is he pretty?

fucking ridiculous amount of cash - 10 mill for this skid mark, no cunt has heard of.

Turned out nice...

Its funny looking back ay Jul 2014 and reading some of the opinions back then. Football is an unpricatble science.

I thought the same. I couldn't work out why his starting position seemed to be so close to vertongen.

I remember watching him against Sheffield Utd
The renowned Maurice Campbell-rice tormented him that day. Tore him a new one ... had him on toast ... blah blah

I turned to my pal saying this geezer is fucking hopeless . I couldn't believe what we had bought

Fast forward a few years. I think he's a great player

Showed me huh

It's always hard to predict if a player with develop or fit straight in.
Allway s felt he was a decent footballer but lacked pace. Always will have a moment when gets exposed but overall a decent buy.

I have nothing but utmost respect for the guy.

As said - he is not as flashy as Rose (well with anything rly, incl hairdo and general looks), but he delivers well as much as Rose does. I don't know if that has a name or not, but same implies for players like Zaha, Townsend and few more - fast, flashy and in centre of attention but offer little end product. Still highly regarded at some point due to "flashyness".

But despite this lack of reckognition he has been role model professional. Always available, always ready, not complaining and trying to up his game bit by bit. Considering those 2 things it is damn easy to forget that the lad is still only 24!! Basically a youngster still!

I hope he remains in the club for a long-long time.
Might happen that at some point he will be shifted to LCB position given his qualities and tactical awareness!

It's always hard to predict if a player with develop or fit straight in.
Allway s felt he was a decent footballer but lacked pace. Always will have a moment when gets exposed but overall a decent buy.
He must've worked so hard and I'd imagine took on board all the coaching from Poch

And maybe it's just from increased fitness levels but he's definitely gained a yard of pace from those early days

I have nothing but utmost respect for the guy.

As said - he is not as flashy as Rose (well with anything rly, incl hairdo and general looks), but he delivers well as much as Rose does. I don't know if that has a name or not, but same implies for players like Zaha, Townsend and few more - fast, flashy and in centre of attention but offer little end product. Still highly regarded at some point due to "flashyness".

But despite this lack of reckognition he has been role model professional. Always available, always ready, not complaining and trying to up his game bit by bit. Considering those 2 things it is damn easy to forget that the lad is still only 24!! Basically a youngster still!

I hope he remains in the club for a long-long time.
Might happen that at some point he will be shifted to LCB position given his qualities and tactical awareness!
Flatter to deceive ...... is the term

Words ?
Sophistry
Specious

He must've worked so hard and I'd imagine took on board all the coaching from Poch

And maybe it's just from increased fitness levels but he's definitely gained a yard of pace from those early days
Agree - making the right decisions, reading the game better-anticipating where to be, can give you that extra yard. Fitness goes without a doubt under Poch.

Turned out nice...

Its funny looking back ay Jul 2014 and reading some of the opinions back then. Football is an unpricatble science.

To be fair to myself, at the time £12M was a lot of wedge for what looked like a reserve fullback with Rose freshly back from Sunderland and putting a shift in. That was before the market went truly bonkers

His ability to carry the ball in a dribble has improved so drastically since the beginning of Poch's reign. He really does look like a proper attacking wingback these days.

Back
Top Bottom