Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gutted for Davies, was treated like shit to be honest and now this

Never understood what anyone saw in Rose since the injury and google-gate

To slag off Trippier but think Rose has performed WTF?
Rose has underperformed for years. Ability is there but his heart isn’t.
Story of our lives since 2017

Last edited:
Gutted for Davies, was treated like shit to be honest and now this

Never understood what anyone saw in Rose since the injury and google-gate

To slag off Trippier but think Rose has performed WTF?
Rose has underperformed for years. Ability is there but his heart isn’t.
Story of our lives since 2017

Problem with Rose is that he has the ability. Athletic, quick and makes crucial interceptions in defence.

However, he is prone to making errors in the wrong part of the field. His lack of discipline makes him a risk to our defence as we can be sure he will make at least 1 or 2 errors during a game.

Now, if he was delivering at the other end of the pitch, all could be forgiven; but with his lack of attacking play he seems to not offer enough.

Davies on the other hand has more discipline in defence. You won't see him make any errors but you are also less likey to see those super athletic recoveries.

Interested to see how Sess looks.

Sess is the future - has to be bedded in asap
Question is I guess if we see his future as a leftback or as a more attacking player.

I guess we could flip the lineup more or less and play Foyth as the more defensive RB, and have Sess bomb up the left like Aurier has on the right. But the way Aurier has been performing recently it kind of feels like he should keep being played.

Decisions decisions.

Jan or Sess.

Yep, I think this seems interesting - IF (and it's a big if, maybe it was just temporary solution) Mou would prefer to play with one more attacking and one more defending fullbacks then we have two (or actually even three) pairs of options even with current state (Davies injured; Rose de facto unusable) -

- Jan + Aurier
- Sessegnon + Foyth
- Jan + KWP

In all of those combinations one fullback would be stronger in defending and one in attacking.

Massive blow for him because he is exactly the type of full back Mou likes, but he has a long contract and he will be back.

The question now is how do we get Rose out of the team? You would think that Vertonghen is a much better fit than Rose for this semi-CB position so hopefully he will take over. We can’t have people in our defence who cannot deal with a simple ball in the air.

I'm 100% sure when Rose is of our books he'll be around someone elses office talking no sense. Or becoming a rap artist complaining about how some man treated his great granfather bad and expekt us all to sit around crying. Yes i said it.
Wow, hopefully thats a permanent red.

Proper bad one this I only hope Sessingnon can seize the opportunity because Rose is now the worse LB at the club. Anyone got any idea on the physical condition of Samuel Umtiti? He seems finished at CB their but he was a hell of a player and certainly worth a shout at 26 for LB. Especially if we tuck into a three as Davis did with the attacking fullback coming from the right (Atal/Aurier). Barcelona need to recoup cash with what they have spent.

Back
Top Bottom