Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's meant to be a defensive LB , so you think he'd be able to position himself well
But the defending on the 2nd goal where he knew the danger and somehow let Mousset get goalside of him , I mean seriously
Amature.

Got a lot of time for the lad. Nobody can fault his effort or commitment in a Spurs shirt.

But let's be honest he isn't good enough and never has been good enough for a team with Champions league aspirations. He was acceptable as a back up to an in form Rose two seasons ago.

We have the weakest fullbacks of all the contenders by far.

We need quality fullbacks, teams just pack the middle against us and wait for crosses to hit the first man.

He's a cover full back, a great squad player that never moans and does a job when called upon as he did brilliantly as under study to Rose for 2 seasons. All squads need playets like Davies. He isnt or shouldnt be a shoe in starter with a manager saying we couldnt cope without him. Give Sessegnon a run.

He's a cover full back, a great squad player that never moans and does a job when called upon as he did brilliantly as under study to Rose for 2 seasons. All squads need playets like Davies. He isnt or shouldnt be a shoe in starter with a manager saying we couldnt cope without him. Give Sessegnon a run.
He is garbage. Just sell him. Can't defend, can't attack.

Sessegnon should be loaned out to a championship or La Liga team or something. Needs experience.

Keep Jan for a year and buy a new starting LB.

He can see the situation clearer than anyone.

Just awful.

This is the peak moment of defending for me in that phase....

Capture.jpg

What-the-absolute-fuck was any of them doing? Davies being the main culprit - but no one else exactly covering themselves in glory.

I won’t fault his defending, lots of times he’s hung out to dry from his teammates (mostly Son) not being able to probably mark their man.

That said, he’s awful going forward, ball on Davies feet in the opponents half results in a misplaced pass or a cross hitting the first/second man.

Sounds identical to Aurier

Capture.jpg

What-the-absolute-fuck was any of them doing? Davies being the main culprit - but no one else exactly covering themselves in glory.

But some on here say that you don’t score often from crosses!!!

You can against Dr Tottenham

Capture.jpg

Yep
Aurier and Sissoko defending like the keystone cops.
Dier should have dropped deeper, even if he hadn't seen the attacker.
Davies, who does see him, does nothing.

If an U15 Sunday team defended like that you'd be tearing your hair out.

Sissoko was a disaster yesterday.

Completely out of position on all three goals.

The 2nd and 3rd goals he was jogging, making no effort to try and pressure the ball.

I thought he was bang average today and hes lucky Lucas had his best game for us since Amsterdam as he helped him out massively.

Some strike though.

This seems to be about the best we could ever expect out of Davies to day and it resulted in a 6/10 performance with a big defensive miscue that could have led to a goal.

That is my biggest issue with him at his best we are lucky to get a 6/10 performance and that isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom