Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont mind Davies but everyone should realise this is it with Mourinho. Davies, Dier, Hojbjerg are the sort of player he loves. Fairly dull, workmanlike players with 2 pacy wideman and a classical no 9. Dont expect any sexy signings.
I guess he would love to pick Ruben Dias or Skriniar and Partey over average players like Dier and Hojbjerg, but what can you do if you are on a tight budget?

I've said i don't rate him for a long time and I hope people actually observe his obvious limitations.

The argument has always been that whilst he offers very little going forward he is solid defensively but I honestly don't even see that. He has been poor for a while now and i definitely see why pkayers like Rose gets annoyed at the clear favouritism. Just because he is able to tuck in he is allowed to play all the time and offer nothing? Ridiculous.

I've said i don't rate him for a long time and I hope people actually observe his obvious limitations.

The argument has always been that whilst he offers very little going forward he is solid defensively but I honestly don't even see that. He has been poor for a while now and i definitely see why pkayers like Rose gets annoyed at the clear favouritism. Just because he is able to tuck in he is allowed to play all the time and offer nothing? Ridiculous.

I thought he actually handled himself quite well today, outside of a moment of inexplicable madness that ought to have cost a goal. Head up under very little pressure he just hoofed the ball into no-mans land.

But he had to deal with good Everton attackers quite a bit, and also was intelligent in finding situations to go forward. A respectable showing in a game without many of them.

Digne was and is magnificent... meanwhile mr Davies is assisting the opposition and giving away fouls all day.

He is just a black hole. Does literally nothing.
Digne is a superb full back. Steve Hitchins probably run out of credit that transfer window and did not top up in time to offer £2 million a year over 9 years + add ons to buy him. Guy cost £18m what the fuck do Spurs recruitment team do 9 months of the year ?

Hasn’t been said enough but we needed a new LB Just as much as a new RB. But Mou likes Davies because he guarantees a 6/10 every match and slots into the defense to prevent. Problem is he’s always been lousy at 1v1 defending and offers fuckall in attack.
Better LBs are available and getting moved around in the market and we’re stuck with him for another season it seems.

Hasn’t been said enough but we needed a new LB Just as much as a new RB. But Mou likes Davies because he guarantees a 6/10 every match and slots into the defense to prevent. Problem is he’s always been lousy at 1v1 defending and offers fuckall in attack.
Better LBs are available and getting moved around in the market and we’re stuck with him for another season it seems.

I wish this was true but honestly a 6/10 is a very good match for Ben. The 6/10 every game is a myth that has been repeated so much that people now think it is true. The truth is Ben guarantees a 4/10 each game and if you are lucky and he is on (or more likely the other team doesn't test him) you can get a 6/10 once every 5 games or so.

He certainly wasn't close to a 6/10 today.

I've said before that we needed more a left back then a right back. Davies offers nothing and Rose was right of questioning Mourinho's favouritism.

I've said before that we needed more a left back then a right back. Davies offers nothing and Rose was right of questioning Mourinho's favouritism.

Is it really "favouritism" in any plausible sense if the manger just thinks the other guy is shit and a bit of a troublemaker?

Back
Top Bottom