Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone really believe this guy is good enough for us?

1 of about 5 or 6 with big question marks about their ability.

Thought he was rubbish against Everton and very poor again tonight.

Not quick at all, couldn't cross himself in a chapel, 95% of passes sideways or backwards.

Offers nothing dynamic to the team.

Not quick at all, couldn't cross himself in a chapel, 95% of passes sideways or backwards.

You might have missed all the fuss over the last 24 hrs, but we've signed a new LB.

You might have missed all the fuss over the last 24 hrs, but we've signed a new LB.

Yeah, excited by Reguilon. Bit disappointed in the buy-back clause being reported but he will definitely be an upgrade.

I guess the more worrying thing, the more wide-angled view, is that there are a few in that team (Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Dier, Aurier, Lucas, Gedson) who get away with being absolutely average.

Yeah, excited by Reguilon. Bit disappointed in the buy-back clause being reported but he will definitely be an upgrade.

I guess the more worrying thing, the more wide-angled view, is that there are a few in that team (Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Dier, Aurier, Lucas, Gedson) who get away with being absolutely average.

Similarly, all but Dier (maybe) from your list have been consigned to the bench in this transfer window.

The bit I saw, he was much more progressive than he has been - fear of losing his place to Reguilón, maybe?
Maybe, but honestly I just think it was our formation and the way we totally dominated the play during the game.

We didn't line up with our usual defeatist pseudo 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders but Davies & Doherty was always further up.

Although honestly - Doherty was far worse than Davies tonight. Far far worse.

Similarly, all but Dier (maybe) from your list have been consigned to the bench in this transfer window.

Similarly, we operate with a piss thin squad and should we progress into EL group stages, these average Joes become a whole lot more integral.

Look at the strength in depth Scousers and Shitty have.

We need guys who can make an impact when called upon. We are carrying a lot of deadwood

Maybe, but honestly I just think it was our formation and the way we totally dominated the play during the game.

We didn't line up with our usual defeatist pseudo 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders but Davies & Doherty was always further up.

Although honestly - Doherty was far worse than Davies tonight. Far far worse.

I think Doherty is a shocking signing but will reserve proper judgment until he's had a run.

A poor man's Serge

With Reguilon and Doherty as our starting FBs and Aurier and Davies as back ups we have a top four FB group.

I’ve seen a lot of Reguilon. I think Spurs supporters will be pleasantly surprised that his technical skills are even better than anticipated.

I saw a stat there that Reguilon completed more dribbles in La Liga last season than Davies has in his entire Spurs career.
Davies seems an unbelievable pro and a great bloke, a lad you’d be delighted to see your daughter bring home, but the fact is even if Reguilon is only average he’ll still be an absolutely monumental upgrade. I don’t think I’d have been able to watch another season of Davies at left back.

Back
Top Bottom