Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Similarly, we operate with a piss thin squad and should we progress into EL group stages, these average Joes become a whole lot more integral.

Look at the strength in depth Scousers and Shitty have.

We need guys who can make an impact when called upon. We are carrying a lot of deadwood

Liverpool have CMs coming out of their arse, but otherwise their depth isn't much to be envied.

Don't hold your breath waiting to match City's depth.

With Reguilon and Doherty as our starting FBs and Aurier and Davies as back ups we have a top four FB group.

I’ve seen a lot of Reguilon. I think Spurs supporters will be pleasantly surprised that his technical skills are even better than anticipated.
1 out of those 4 is top 4 (Reguilon). 3 are top 10.

Maybe, but honestly I just think it was our formation and the way we totally dominated the play during the game.

We didn't line up with our usual defeatist pseudo 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders but Davies & Doherty was always further up.

Although honestly - Doherty was far worse than Davies tonight. Far far worse.
There’s no ‘3 agrees’ for your three points but, yep. I hope he’s going to be more attacking, but the formation / opposition is most likely the reason.

I think our biggest problem is we have a dysfunctional midfield.

Depth and starting XI otherwise significantly improved this trf window.

Agreed on the midfield and agreed on second point.

Just frustrated beyond belief we've went from the miracle in Amsterdam to needing Luis Suarez' Bulgarian cousin having a moment of madness to save us against the giants of Plovdiv.

Desperate to see Spurs regain their footing and press on to that next level.

Here's hoping

I was excited but God he's been shocking so far. Said it before - hope it's fatigue/legs/lack of fitness. But Aurier was far better than what he's shown so far.
Is it any surprise that an attacking fullback who excelled in a team who loved to counter attack can't do anything in an overly structured team who break slower than my logs after a big sesh.

Agreed on the midfield and agreed on second point.

Just frustrated beyond belief we've went from the miracle in Amsterdam to needing Luis Suarez' Bulgarian cousin having a moment of madness to save us against the giants of Plovdiv.

Desperate to see Spurs regain their footing and press on to that next level.

Here's hoping

Indeed.... Get a result at the weekend and we can start to chin up and look forward to the 2 Madrid lads making an impact.

He's a good pro, but he hasn't started well. As a back up he will do though, as Cirkin needs time and Sessegnon will play further forward..

Davies isn't the best, but he's solid as our second LB. I assume Reguilon will slide to the starting XI, Davies will remain for another season while we season (pun intended) Cirkin to first-team) football, and he'll move next summer (my bet is on Everton).

He certainly had a purple patch when rose was in his peak .. .. rose got the spot for the most part but Davies was more than just a backup. He was an excellent fullback for a decent period. Made a return from injury and has never got close to that form again

it’s been too long to suggest he ever will and currently isn’t good enough to be starting

also .... loves to give a penalty

Back
Top Bottom