Benoît Assou-Ekotto

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugely underrated, I feel. Very very good on his day, so strong on the ball, fantastic technically too. I'd argue on his day, he was the best left back we had in the Prem era. Rose just showed more consistency.

Loved Disco

i doubt that you can dislike your job and do it to your maximum potential. I wonder how good Benny might have been if he loved playing football.
As it was, he was a good left back, a character and a bit of a cult hero. Certainly better than a lot of poor or mediocre players we’ve had play the position in the Prem era (Gilberto, Naughton, Edman etc).
We needed better if we wanted to push on. Probably wouldn’t get near the top of my list for best LBs I’ve seen at the club.

He has never said that he "disliked" or "hated" his job. He just did it as... a job. He was neutral to it which is different to disliking.

I even remember in some interview LOT OF YEARS AGO (so memory could let me down) he said he loves football but he loves if if he plays it with his friends and loved ones for fun. He did not love professional game as such. Which is also case for veryvery many players. Obviously majority. Do you guys think that after Spurs denied his transfer to Man City, did Kane LOVE football for Spurs? I very much doubt it. But that did not make him a bad player.

Anway, I absolutely loved BAE :) He was BAE before word BAE was even IN.
I don't even know why I loved him, I guess it was mainly down to his attitude. But I loved him. This interview where he was bold enough to say he does not love professional football made me love him even more.

Really hope he is doing well now and life is treating him good.

Back
Top Bottom