Berba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berbatov back at The Lane?

• Yes

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 56.9%

• Total voters
I know this has been discussed a bit in the Transfer Window thread, but I thought it deserved it's own dedicated thread.

The price quoted for him this window is £5m. Would you?

Its a difficult one.

Cant argue he's a great player but he's 31 and I cant see he and Ade playing together.

Back to the age thing, since we/AVB seems to be recruting younger players I'd be suprised.

Plues his wages wont be small.

Nope.

£5mill or not, he burnt too many bridges with his attitude when he left. Besides, he wants to leave United due to sitting on the bench. Could you really see him playing all that more for us when we have just shelled out on Ade? I think not.

Unfortunately, when they were as good as Berba, you sometimes have to make an exception... he is one of only 2 (recent, that aren't retired or dead) Spurs players I'd have back in a heart-beat... the other one is Modric (the season after next when his Real Madrid/Man City/Chelsea move goes tits up!) ...in which case, I guess Carrick could also come along as part of the Berba deal... a distorted modern take on Ossie & Ricky if you will!

Incidentally, saw this online... so, just to compare and contrast with some other ex-Spurs players... who from THIS list would you HONESTLY have back... there really aren't many are there?

20.png

1882 said:
Unfortunately, when they were as good as Berba, you sometimes have to make an exception... he is one of only 2 (recent, that aren't retired or dead) Spurs players I'd have back in a heart-beat... the other one is Modric (the season after next when his Real Madrid/Man City/Chelsea move goes tits up!) ...in which case, I guess Carrick could also come along as part of the Berba deal... a distorted modern take on Ossie & Ricky if you will!

Incidentally, saw this online... so, just to compare and contrast with some other ex-Spurs players... who from THIS list would you HONESTLY have back... there really aren't many are there?

[ Image ]

I was always secretly a bit sad we let Woody go. Don't know why, he's utterly crocked now.

Kinda screams out for a poll.

Yes for me. I can see him doing a good job for another 3-4 seasons, Sheringham stylee. He and Ade would be a terrifying front line for just about any opposition.

1882 said:

[ Image ]
FÜLÖP :parker:

Did he sit on the bench beginning of the season to make sure his transfer to United went through in the meantime disrupting our search for a striker leaving us with fuck all?

Yeah, fuck him, and his window cleaning dad on the north circular.

All the glitter is not gold. Berba learned this the hard way. Even if he is talented, I'm sure some of the squad would not be thrilled to have him back. Also- things wouldn't be the same. He'd no longer be a fan favorite.

Back
Top Bottom