Berba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berbatov back at The Lane?

• Yes

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 56.9%

• Total voters
S.L.R said:
He doesn't even want Spurs. I bet he'd hate to end up back here.

I hope he gets stuck at United and sits on the bench.
I reckon he'd come back in a shot now that we have better players and a realistic chance of CL football next year. He hasn't said he wouldn't come back to us.

The only thing that surprises me is that he has not been linked to many more Prem clubs. I'm wondering if clubs are being put off by how he behaved first time around with us, and all the whinging he has down over the past season with United.

Smoked Salmon said:
I'm wondering if clubs are being put off by how he behaved first time around with us, and all the whinging he has down over the past season with United.
Shouldn't that put us off too?

I reckon he'd jump at any of the other top clubs before coming here. Choosing us over the spammers wouldn't say much.

BrooklynYid said:
Smoked Salmon said:
I'm wondering if clubs are being put off by how he behaved first time around with us, and all the whinging he has down over the past season with United.
Shouldn't that put us off too?
Difference is they can only go by gossip and third party talk and we have actually worked with the guy. Only Levy and the people at United will know whether or not a £5m Berbatov is potentially manageable. The other clubs can only guess and listen to gossip.

I voted yes

He broke my heart but watching him play is a thing of beauty , he looks like a player from the past but with the skills from the present. He strokes balls like he probably strokes the breasts of his WAG

i know he acted like a cunt but he gave me so much joy while wank euh watching the games while he was at spurs

Belgian Spur said:
I voted yes

He broke my heart but watching him play is a thing of beauty

I think that just about sums up the conundrum...

...after all, he wouldn't be the first total cunt to have played for us!! But IF he came back, then as long as he's scoring, I reckon most Spurs fans (and football fans if it were their club) will forgive almost anything... except maybe breaking into your Nan's house on Christmas Eve and giving her a good raping!!!

OTHER than that, he's fine by me!!!!

DimitarBerbatov5.jpg

Still a cunt. *sighs*

So the rumour mill today has Berbatov off to Wet Spam.

I dunno, but the more I think about it, the more I reckon he could actually do a job for us if he's prepared to come in cheaply. I don't really like the idea of him firing the goalls in for the Spammers.

I'm not suggesting he be our big striker aquisition, but maybe as a second/third choice.

A month ago I would never have dreamed of posting this. But since JJetset is suggesting we are only going to sign two players before the window shuts, and with one of them likely to be a Modders replacement, I'm thinking a surprise cheap deal may be just what we scould use. I reckon him and Ade could get 40 between then in a season.

Raitei said:
He could do a job, but the reaction he gets would be rough I imagine. It could end up in a Keane-esque situation.
If keane had've come back on fire the fans would've quickly forgotten about the Liverpool bullshit.

No striker we have re-signed has been as good as they were the first time around in my opinion be it Keane, Defoe, Mido or Sherringham for a variety of reasons. One could make an argument for Klinsmann, but that second appearance was on loan with a relegation side so Jurgen's need to re-sign was much different.

I'm even wary of signing Ade permanently because we need players that are motivated to play for us. Often when they think the grass is greener and have nothing left to prove the spark goes too.

I'm not saying I'd be disappointed with Ade, but if he and Berba are the strikers we are looking to sign then we're not exactly going forwards. Ade and Damaio, or Ade and Llorente etc. or even those other strikers on their own are at least an attempt of significantly improving.

HyNdZee said:
I'm not saying I'd be disappointed with Ade, but if he and Berba are the strikers we are looking to sign then we're not exactly going forwards. Ade and Damaio, or Ade and Llorente etc. or even those other strikers on their own are at least an attempt of significantly improving.
The thing is that if we can't get the big new names, then we have to look at reliable alternatives....and right now I can't think of two other "forgotten" strikers who will make sure to get you goals than Ade and Berbascum. Berbatoss only played 20 matches last season but still socred 9 goals. That's as good as Ade and a slightly better goal per game ratio that Defoe. There's no question that he is a more skilled player than Defoe and with Ade being good at assist I could see Berbawank playing off that quite well.

Smoked Salmon said:
HyNdZee said:
The thing is that if we can't get the big new names, then we have to look at reliable alternatives....and right now I can't think of two other "forgotten" strikers who will make sure to get you goals than Ade and Berbascum. Berbatoss only played 20 matches last season but still socred 9 goals. That's as good as Ade and a slightly better goal per game ratio that Defoe. There's no question that he is a more skilled player than Defoe and with Ade being good at assist I could see Berbawank playing off that quite well.

We can get the big new names though. We just brought in a £9m(?) defender and a £8m(?) midfielder and we are selling a £30-40m midfielder. If we can strengthen other positions like that and our priority is clearly a striker then we can get the big new names.

HyNdZee said:
Smoked Salmon said:
HyNdZee said:

We can get the big new names though. We just brought in a £9m(?) defender and a £8m(?) midfielder and we are selling a £30-40m midfielder. If we can strengthen other positions like that and our priority is clearly a striker then we can get the big new names.
I hope you're right. But I think we won't be seeing Llorente or Leadro this summer.

Just my hunch.

Back
Top Bottom