Berba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berbatov back at The Lane?

• Yes

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 56.9%

• Total voters
Smoked Salmon said:
I hope you're right. But I think we won't be seeing Llorente or Leandro this summer.

Just my hunch.

Well it doesn't have to be those two, whoever AVB wants I suppose. But if AVB has said to Levy, I want a better striker and I want a better goalkeeper and Levy has only given him a defender and a midfielder to improve with then Levy has mugged him off and can only expect to do worse this season.

Obviously if Madrid have mugged us off then there is a more understandable domino effect in the whole process, however in my opinion the defence and midfield were low priority areas to try and improve first unless there was always a better striker in mind to improve with as well.

I find it hard to believe there are no potentially better strikers out there than Berba on the minds of AVB or Levy, especially considering Newcastle signed two last season and the scum down the road have just signed two.

All I want is one.

Probably had less overall impact than Modric, but he was beautiful to watch, something else. I just loved watching him play.

Flav said:
Probably had less overall impact than Modric, but he was beautiful to watch, something else. I just loved watching him play.

Sublime in fact. Rarely gave the ball away. Would be excellent at playing in sig/vdv, bale, lennon etc. But couldn't see him returning for many reasons. Sure there are others out there that won't break the bank.

Marshy said:
Flav said:

Sublime in fact. Rarely gave the ball away. Would be excellent at playing in sig/vdv, bale, lennon etc. But couldn't see him returning for many reasons. Sure there are others out there that won't break the bank.

Yup. He was sex to the eye. But he went on strike when he was supposed to be playing for us, so he can never expect to be welcomed back.

Back
Top Bottom