Best formation with what we have

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[FORMATION=4231,Hugo,Emerson/Doherty,Dier,Romero,,Reg,Bent/Skipp,PEH,Kulu/Lucas,Kane,Berg,Son]home-kit[/FORMATION]
I'm not saying I don't like it or it wouldn't be better than what we've done recently, but it would bring its own set of problems...

Regi isn't suited to being a fullback, that formation would expose his weaknesses more, and make no use of his strengths.

Romero has very clearly been given a license to roam - it started just with coming out to win the ball, but now he's often joining the attack for sustained periods - if he couldn't stop himself from doing that, then this formation would regularly leave us very exposed in central defence.

I'm not saying I don't like it or it wouldn't be better than what we've done recently, but it would bring its own set of problems...

Regi isn't suited to being a fullback, that formation would expose his weaknesses more, and make no use of his strengths.

Romero has very clearly been given a license to roam - it started just with coming out to win the ball, but now he's often joining the attack for sustained periods - if he couldn't stop himself from doing that, then this formation would regularly leave us very exposed in central defence.
I don't disagree with your points but here's where I'm getting at with my starting 11/formation

-We currently lack the ability to retain possession in the midfield as well as distribute the ball out of the midfield. I personally think dropping Kane into an AM position (which he sort of already is doing at the moment) would help us immensely in solidifying our midfield. He needs to sacrifice himself, and focus on holding the ball up/distribution, even more than he's doing right now

-I'd also like to see Berg added to the mix. What he lacks in end product (goals/assists), he makes up for in decent hold up play and retaining position which he's much better at than Son/Lucas. He's another player, alongside Kane that can help solidify the the middle of the pitch and well as provide more going forward than our god awful wingbacks.

-We need Son playing further up front, closer to the opponents goal. His biggest strength is making those runs in behind, pulling defenders out of position, and is among the best attackers when he can find space. He adds very little when he plays deep as he has been doing under Conte. We aren't getting the most out of one of our best players the way Conte's been using him.

-As far as defense goes, we can solidify the middle of the pitch by bringing the likes of Kane/Berg into the mix (instead of relying on Lucas/Son in the middle of the pitch), so players like PEH and Skipp can really play like holding mids instead of having to try to do it all, thus help solidifying our defense

Yep, I don't disagree with any of that, and on balance would prefer it to what we have right now. It's not perfect, as it has in particular the problems that I mentioned, but i agree the pros outweigh the cons. :)

Best formation right now;
1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

XI individuals, barely even
playing for themselves... and in no way contributing to the team!

How 'bout THAT? 🐔

My honest opinion is that it's less formation and more about performance levels.

For all Pochettino was great at and maybe it was down to his demands but for 3 or 4 years we had 6 or 7 players who were 8 out of 10 or higher nearly every time they played.

Now I can't honestly name 1.

You simply cannot be successful in such circumstances.

A few things

1. I would drop Kulu into a 3 man midfield where his ball control and artistry can have more effect.
2. I would tell Romero to stop wandering off.
3. Maybe also Moura to RWB.

3-5-2. But with the wing backs pushing forward, Bergwin needs more playing time but he isn’t replacing Kane or Son yet.

A few things

1. I would drop Kulu into a 3 man midfield where his ball control and artistry can have more effect.
2. I would tell Romero to stop wandering off.
3. Maybe also Moura to RWB.

3-5-2. But with the wing backs pushing forward, Bergwin needs more playing time but he isn’t replacing Kane or Son yet.
I don't mind Romero wandering off.

He has better ball skills than our midfielders. So when he steps into midfield we have the 3rd option.

It's one of his better skills.

I don't mind Romero wandering off.

He has better ball skills than our midfielders. So when he steps into midfield we have the 3rd option.

It's one of his better skills.
I would like to see him wander off with Wankberg in a double headlock and launch both of them into the Thames

Kane needs to play that #10 role permanently and we need to move Son to striker

This will be the key to unlocking both of their full potential

Kane as a out and out #9 is next to useless, particularly on our team

Its irrelevant with our mentality. Formations don't lose games like they did today but weakness of mind does.

Today showed us everything that we have become.

Newcastle, Villa and so called lease clubs would have beaten United today.

37 year old scoring a hat-trick against.us. My God the shame.

Son is not and never will be a striker.
FFx8ftRXEAM7YRn

Back
Top Bottom