Best Premier League Player you've watched...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OldBoy68

Starting to care again
And I don't mean on TV because there's something extra special seeing a living god live - It could be one game or many. Don't mention Blanchflower, Greaves or Gilzean unless you were there. This is an open question across all clubs and any games that you've seen.

For me Cantona and Klinnsman. There were times that Sol Campbell made me shake my head in awe as unpopular as that will be.

Please discuss.

Paul Scholes.

The way he dictated the play and his passing range was phenomenal, technically very good as well. I doubt we will ever see such a midfielder again in the PL.

I added this because I was watching at history of Ian Wight's goals and its f**cking amazing.
Paul Scholes.
Any game in particular or just over a period?

I included Klinsmann because of the away game against Palace in 94? Ben Thatcher sent off, Jurgen came on and the combination of skill and pure industry just blew me away. Made Chris Armstrong look like the lazy, talent-less piece of sh*t that he was.

Wondering if anyone will pick a defender? Ledley was almost unreal at times, but its the passes and goals that get the girls.

I could tell you the best young player I ever saw live who went on to be a Premier League player and never got a chance to make the most of unbounded potential.

Abou Diaby.

Seriously unbelievable, I was fucking RAGING when Woolwich signed him. I've not seen a player dominate the entire midfield like him since live.

Paul Scholes.

The way he dictated the play and his passing range was phenomenal, technically very good as well. I doubt we will ever see such a midfielder again in the PL.

I second that, ran a game as good as Xavi, attacked as good as Gerrard or De Bruyne, best I have seen live in the PL and yes I include Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry in that.

Very few midfielders in my football watching lifetime as good or better, Zidane and not much else. Completely wasted by tactically useless England managers.

And I don't mean on TV because there's something extra special seeing a living god live - It could be one game or many. Don't mention Blanchflower, Greaves or Gilzean unless you were there. This is an open question across all clubs and any games that you've seen.

For me Cantona and Klinnsman. There were times that Sol Campbell made me shake my head in awe as unpopular as that will be.

Please discuss.

Ok genuine answer:

Eric “ sardines “ Cantona

They say that one man doesn’t make a team; he proved that fable wrong on many an occasion.

Back
Top Bottom